major major major keyboard problem!

Reaction score
I've got a rain leak in my ceiling which (I think) has got into my keyboard (which is USB) and quite possibly other parts of my Packard Bell (nothing but trouble) computer. I've since taken it all apart and reset it up somewhere else in the room but I now find that my keyboard is not working at all! The only thing that does work is the power on/off button on the top right hand side of the keyboard but absolutely nothing else! I've tried another two keyboards but they don't work either which obviously means that something's wrong with the hardware. Will somebody please tell me what I can do before I beat the living day-lights out of it!!!! :(

Reaction score
Start>control panel>keyboard>hardware>properties> check the driver’s update if possible; you have the disc I am assuming.

Reaction score
What is your OS is it ME/XP

It is normally the CD it will ask you to insert the disc/floppy try both if the disc is not the one.

Reaction score
Start > programs > accessories > accessibility > open > add keyboard to you desktop

And type with your mouse, until that is when you get the main keyboard working again.

;)

Reaction score
I can't believe the water would have blown both the usb and ps2 ports. So it must be software :?

The only thing I can think to try is to reinstall the keyboard and see if that works.

To do this goto ctrl panel, goto system, goto hardware, then click device manager. Find the keybaord and unistall. Then go back to ctrl panel click on add hardware follow the wizard and let it redect itself.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmmm,, water + computer = a mess.

If its software, try a restore to an earlier time. Though it is possible that the water shorted out a lot of stuff on your pc. Considering that your mouse works and not the key board is waht leads me to agree that it might be software.

So as I said, try a system restore, its a bit simpliar than trying to reinstall the drivers.
Start/all programs/assesories/systm tools/system restore/restore to an eariler time.

Ask a Question