Windows Vista Mail Account Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have just tried clicking on Send/Receive in Mail (Vista). Send/Receive is grayed out, so nothing happens. When I look at my accounts I find that there isn't one. I tried to re-create my account but am told that "An error has occurred...". I have contacted my service provider and am waiting for them to check my account at their end (nothing they suggested when I rang them worked.

Whenever I have a computer problem I look at what I have done since the computer last worked properly. Today I used Revo Uninstaller to uninstall half a dozed programs I no longer use. Is it possible that while doing this I have inadvertently deleted a line(s) from the registry?

Reaction score
Email got corrupt

I think the account has got corrupt so you can use any of the email recovery software available in the market

Reaction score
Firstly, you have not mentioned which email client are you using. However, looking at your issue, this is visible that either your Account mailbox has been deleted or the database file of your email is relocated to another location on your hard disk. And yes, there might be a reason of corruption behind all that is happening. So first, check for certain things like the server connection is working fine or not, your user mailbox on server is there or not, the location of your email database is fine or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question