Looking for: Samsung SW-240B cd-rw driver

dataspring

I'm looking for a driver for my Samsung SW-240B cd-rw drive. The
Samsung website did not seem to have the device listed. The Windows
Update service did not provide an option to download a new one either.
Any reccomendations?

colin

dataspring said:
I'm looking for a driver for my Samsung SW-240B cd-rw drive. The
Samsung website did not seem to have the device listed. The Windows
Update service did not provide an option to download a new one either.
Any reccomendations?

Your system should already see the samsung as a cdrom.
You then only need to install burner software that supports it. (feurio)

dataspring

colin said:
Your system should already see the samsung as a cdrom.
You then only need to install burner software that supports it. (feurio)

My PC is not currently mapping my CD drive. When I look under Computer
Management\Device Manager\.. the SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-240B driver is
disabled with a exclam icon.

Looking under properties, I see this message:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver
may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

When I click the option to Update Driver or attempt to run the
Hardware Update, it cannot find a driver and asks me to locate an
installtion media.

colin

dataspring said:
"colin" <[email protected]> wrote in message

My PC is not currently mapping my CD drive. When I look under Computer
Management\Device Manager\.. the SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-240B driver is
disabled with a exclam icon.

`Easyfix` could be to delete the device manager entry, and then re-boot.
Looking under properties, I see this message:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver
may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

`As above`
When I click the option to Update Driver or attempt to run the
Hardware Update, it cannot find a driver and asks me to locate an
installtion media.

It`s an IDE cdrw, as I`ve checked on the internet. So windows should see it
as a cdrom, drive letter D: ; unless you`ve got more then one harddrive or
partition.?!?

Please give as many details as you can, so that we can help you to solve
your problem.

colin

David Cohen

colin said:
Your system should already see the samsung as a cdrom.
You then only need to install burner software that supports it. (feurio)

I have a 248F, both CDBurnerxp Pro and burn4free are freeware programs
that work well with this burner. Burnatonce is also good, but with my
burner there is a problem making multi-session cd's.
Dave Cohen

colin

David Cohen said:
"colin" <[email protected]> wrote in message

I have a 248F, both CDBurnerxp Pro and burn4free are freeware programs
that work well with this burner. Burnatonce is also good, but with my
burner there is a problem making multi-session cd's.
Dave Cohen

Hi Dave

The OP (dataspring), has crossposted to a few different NG`s asking for some
help, so you might not even see my reply to you, as I`m not subscibed to the
other groups.

Anyway; you and others are quite welcome to assist the OP in suggestions
and/or advice.

colin

Bob Knowlden

Most IDE CD-RW drives use the Windows drivers.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314060

"CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP"

(There are other ways to get the bad Registry keys.)

For an automated fix,

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

It's possible that your problem might require a more through removal of Easy
CD Creator, if that's what is causing the trouble. I haven't saved a link
for that, but Google ought to turn one up with less effort that you've
already expended trying to fix the problem.

Good luck.

Bob Knowlden

Spam dodger may be in use. Replace nkbob with bobkn.