Looking for a text to voice program

Porky P.

Is there a freeware program that converts text to voice. Robotic voice is
okay, although male/female would be fine also.

TIA.
Ken

Wayne D

Is there a freeware program that converts text to voice. Robotic voice is
okay, although male/female would be fine also.

TIA.
Ken
FYI: Depending on what version of windows you have, you may have to
install additional components.

Go to Karen's Power Toy 2.6. This site has good infomation on the
components needed to have text to speech work.

Once you get Karen's Power Toy working, then you can download other
programs for Text to speech.

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/pttoy.asp

Regards

Wayne D

John H.

Wayne:
You wrote on Sun, 09 Nov 2003 01:47:46 GMT:

WD> In article <[email protected]>,
WD> (e-mail address removed) says...
??>> Is there a freeware program that converts text to voice. Robotic
??>> voice is okay, although male/female would be fine also. TIA. Ken
WD> FYI: Depending on what version of windows you have, you may have to
WD> install additional components.

WD> Go to Karen's Power Toy 2.6. This site has good infomation on the
WD> components needed to have text to speech work.

WD> Once you get Karen's Power Toy working, then you can download other
WD> programs for Text to speech.

WD> http://www.karenware.com/powertools/pttoy.asp

WD> Regards

I'm kind of partial to ReadPlease http://www.readplease.com/ . Four voices
to choose from. Read speed can be changed. Sure saves on the eyes!

John H.. E-mail: (e-mail address removed) Website: John's Best of Freeware:
http://home.wi.rr.com/johnhood/freeware/