Logitech LX8 Cordless

Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking of getting this mouse here I was wondering if anyone owns one on here and what they think of it.

Thanks,

Wiz

Reaction score
Only downside when i used a cordless mouse was that it chewed batteries very quickly.
Ended up ditching it and going back to a PS2 mouse.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I like Logitech products, all my meeces is Logi.

Looks to be a good product but I've no personal experience of it.

It's 1000 dpi which isn't the optimum figure for gaming but it's not too bad.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I like Logitech products, all my meeces is Logi.

Looks to be a good product but I've no personal experience of it.

It's 1000 dpi which isn't the optimum figure for gaming but it's not too bad.

Thanks for the reply Flopps,

What DPI would you say would be best for gaming? Like you I have always been a fan of Logitech products.

Thanks,

Wiz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My corded Logi G5 is 2000 dpi which in my opinion is the ideal for gaming.

The Logi G9 is a whoppin' 3200 dpi which - again in my opinion - is perhaps a little too sensitive.

The G5 has had all round good reviews whereas the G9 has had mixed reviews with criticism not so much of it's sensitivity but of it's size, it's small and not really suitable for people wiv big mitts.

The LX8 is a new product, uses laser technology and is a good price. Looks to be the successor to the highly successful MX1000, which I still use on one machine.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
My corded Logi G5 is 2000 dpi which in my opinion is the ideal for gaming.

The Logi G9 is a whoppin' 3200 dpi which - again in my opinion - is perhaps a little too sensitive.

The G5 has had all round good reviews whereas the G9 has had mixed reviews with criticism not so much of it's sensitivity but of it's size, it's small and not really suitable for people wiv big mitts.

The LX8 is a new product, uses laser technology and is a good price. Looks to be the successor to the highly successful MX1000, which I still use on one machine.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I think I will go for one of the Wireless ones as that’s why I need a Wireless mouse because with the corded one the lead keeps getting tangled up. Does a Wireless mouse add much delay in gaming? As to a normal corded one?

Thanks,

Wiz

Reaction score
i've got logitech at the minute and i've had microsoft mice in the past too
all of them were and are wireless

i noticed that the range on the microsoft is a lot longer the logitech devices dont seem to have a good range i cant go more than 1- 1.5 metres before they stop working
other than that im happy with logitech

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yes, that's the one.

The first link is the current blue patterned colour and the second link shows the original coppery colour it came in.

The second link also attempts to install 'An Internet Exporer add-on' so beware. I refused permission for the install, whatever it was.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Your second link is the revision 1 edition, only have one thumb button etc.

The first link is the newer 2nd edition (blue one) the same as i have, its a damn fine mouse imo. Go for it! :D

The weights are great, can make it nice and balanced to suit your own tastes. :)

See my old thread here....

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3405733.php

(Image host i used is no more, so no pics sorry. :) )

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies Guys, I will go and order that one then. :thumb:

I have this mouse mat, and it seems as if the black coating is coming of and clogging up the feet on the mouse could this be the mouse its self and the feet wearing out or the mouse pad?

Thanks,

Wiz

Last edited:

Ask a Question