Logitech G500s Gaming Mouse

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Hardware Heaven have reviewed the Logitech G500s Gaming Mouse:

"Over the past few months Logitech has been refreshing their gaming peripheral range and recently we took a look at the high end G700s. A lovely mouse it won our Gold award due to some great build quality and high quality design. For those of you interested in how Logitech go about designing and making their products we also visited their R+D facilities in Switzerland recently and that article is here... but for today we have a midrange model in the G series, the G500s, on our review bench to find out what Logitech offer in the £60/$70 price range."

logitech-g500s-mouse_box.jpg

You can read their full review here.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm still using my Logi G500, which I'm very happy with.

I do wonder what improvements have been made to the G500 when they stuck an 's' on the end of it, apart from cosmetic.

I think until my G500 expires I probably won't consider the Logi 500s, nice mouse though it undoubtedly is.

Have actually been looking at Saitek Cordless RAT mouse lately (£90) but funds is short atm :(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm trying to RMA my RAT, the left button is double clicking ... probably using the same contacts as the Logitec in the right-click button.

:rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm trying to RMA my RAT, the left button is double clicking ... probably using the same contacts as the Logitec in the right-click button.

:rolleyes:

Interesting Mucks, one of the reviews of the cordless RAT on OCUK complained of the same fault, around 18 months after purchase if I recall correctly.

I've had a pair of Logi G5's and a Logi G500 (my main one) here for as long as I can remember now, can't fault them really.

But you know how it is, after a while a twitch comes for change....

Best not eh? Change, that is...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Despite my moanings and groanings, I'm old now, I've always had a Logitech moosie ... actually went to buy the G500 but the 'shop assistant' didn't know what that was. When we tracked down the mouse section in the store they only had cheapo laptop type wireless mice and this RAT.

I'm very pleased with the mouse, but for the contact to go so early is a PPP on the otherwise excellent manufactured quality. So far Saitek have acknowledged my, err, email. :rolleyes:

I'm going to take it back to Currys, see what happens. :)

[edit ... just found recite, I bought it 30/11/12, not that long ago ... thought I had it longer. now where is the box?]

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just get a Razer mouse. :)
DA 2013 is the best mouse i've ever had.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've tried two Razer mice, hated them both, one actually had a sharp edge on the side that left a ridge in my palm, couldn't believe it.

Not terribly impressed with my current Razer keyboard either tbh.

So, I've been put off Razer. I wish there was a 'try before you buy' facility available as I do know companies constantly bring out new designs but you know how it is, either logically or illogically, one bad experience with a company discourages you from future purchase of their products.

Two bad experiences with a company lead me to draw a black line through their name.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Fair enough Mr F. :)

CL's option is also good any of the SS Sensei series are good or Zowie too.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Fair enough Mr F. :)

CL's option is also good any of the SS Sensei series are good or Zowie too.

Well FWIW I actually bookmarked the DA2013, I'm not a total Philistine and it certainly bears consideration. Companies move on, they learn from their mistakes and design evolves.

Hopefully.

I'm aware of the Steel Series Mice (I have two of their hard mousemats) and it's good to see somebody with experience of one, thanks for posting CL & V_R.

One prob at the mo though, all new toys currently on hold as I find myself somewhat impecunious and have been eyeing the cash I have and earmarking it to pay things like the water rates and instant noodles.

I will use the return ticket to this thread when work beckons and funds become available once more :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Must admit, the DA2013 isn't sharp at all, its a very nice mouse to use. What one was it you didn't get on with out of interest?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Must admit, the DA2013 isn't sharp at all, its a very nice mouse to use. What one was it you didn't get on with out of interest?

It was actually 2 I didn't get on with but I can't remember what they were now. It must have been around five years ago at least which probably means I was purchasing from OCUK and I have an idea I returned the one with the sharp angled edge for a different Razer model and I didn't get on with that one either.

So I went back to Logitech and have stayed with Logitech ever since.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
No sharp edges on the Steelseries Sensei Mr Flopp's its as smooth as a babies bum and has a lovely rubberised feel to it which greatly adds to the grip and doesn't make your hand sweat in long sessions of gaming.
Best mouse I have ever had and I have had a few Logitechs too!

Ask a Question