Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Benchmark Reviews have recently taken a look at the Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard:

"I am not sure who the largest manufacturer of aftermarket keyboards is, but surely Swiss company Logitech must rank among the top tier. Founded in 1981, the company makes a dizzying array of computer accessories, including keyboards, mice, touch pads, speakers, web cams, and tablet accessories. It seems odd that after all these years, they're just now introducing their first mechanical keyboard, the Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. Equipped with Cherry MX mechanical switches, controllable backlighting, and supported by Logitech Gaming Software, this new product is aimed squarely at the gamer who wants more than a rubber-dome keyboard can supply.

The German company Cherry provides the bulk of mechanical keyboard switches to manufacturers, and offers a variety of switch models, distinguished by their "action" and the color of the key switch plunger. Logitech has made the somewhat unusual choice of Cherry MX Brown switches for this keyboard, and I'll discuss the ramifications of this choice later in the review."

You can read more here.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I almost got one of them, until i saw it was using Browns..... Odd choice.

That said, the more i look at it the more i realise just how damn ugly it is!! :lol:

Very happy with my Gigabyte Osmium though with Cherry Reds. :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I almost got one of them, until i saw it was using Browns..... Odd choice.

That said, the more i look at it the more i realise just how damn ugly it is!! :lol:

Very happy with my Gigabyte Osmium though with Cherry Reds. :D

Yup, it's not the prettiest is it?!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Agree with you both - designer must have put it to paper after a liquid lunch :lol:

I'm surprised Logitech were so late in joining the market for mechanical keyboards, they seem to be a 'must have' at the moment, Logitech are often brand leaders when it comes to innovations and gauging market trends.

Bit of a shame, 'cos as a rule I like Logitech products.

V_R, how you finding your new Osmium then? You using the wrist rest or not? I used the wrist rest for a while and then without, I haven't put it back.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah i like Logitech stuff, though its does always seem over priced...

Yep, very nice, still wondering about the MK-85, Grass being greener and all that, but i am very happy with it. Yep wrist rest for me, always preferred to use them. I just find it more comfortable, especially on long game sessions.

Theres not much i dont like about it tbh, in fact i cant think of anything i dont like about it. dedicated media buttons maybe? But pressing the FN key and the F keys is no real biggie is it? :)

Oh, it would be nice if the dimmer did the logo and lock lights too, i find them quite bright at times.... Other than that, whats not to like, no crappy bloatware to install, nice and heavy, well built, awesome feeling keyboard etc. :thumb:

Did you install that Aivia Ghost program? This thing - http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_osmium_review,6.html

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yep, have installed Ghost software but haven't used it yet.

I may put the wrist rest back, haven't made up my mind yet.

And yes, my only criticism is not having the choice to dim the 'Alivia' logo and the fact it's constantly changing brightness niggled me at first but I don't notice it now.

I've never used media keys on any keyboard and quite a few I've owned have had them. Dunno why, really.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You can turn the glowing logo off in the Ghost software. that is the only reason i installed it! lol

Look for 'Breathing Effect'

E: Check out the screenshots in that link i posted, you will see what i mean. :)

Ask a Question