Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse and SP1a

G

If I install critical update Service Patch 1a, my cordless optical Logitech mouse will not move. The pointer shows on the screen, but will not repsond. The cordless Logitech keyboard operates fine. I have had to go back to a restore point both times I tried to DL and install the update
Suggestions? I have read the articles suggested by a search, but they don't address this particular issue
Thanks!

W

We Live For The One We Die For The One

Your mouse just died the same time you installed sp1 thats all get a
new mice and try it :)

S

SirVuttel

Put new batteries in mouse and keyboard
Press the button on the remote unit
Press the button underneath the mouse AND the button underneath the
keyboard

G

Sorry, should have mentioned that I went the battery route, and also attempted to reconnect
It's not that simple :

There is a problem with this Service pack and USB 2.0 methinks.

G

Try this: If you still have a regular mouse, restore back before sp1, uninstall logitech mouse ware, reinstall sp1, restart computer see if it works, if it does then reinstall your logitech mouse ware, see what happens.

C

C.Joseph Drayton

Hi VideoBum,

I am using the Logitech wireless optical mouse on my laptop which is running Windows XPhe SP1a with no problems. I did not have
to load any special drivers. Windows used their default driver, and even the scroll wheel works properly.

Ciao . . .
C.Joseph

++ Let know man judge me until . . .
he has walked the road I have . . .
in the shoes I've worn. ++

http://kalek1.home.mindspring.com

Ask a Question