Little issue i've found

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I don't have a problem getting PMs from the Homepage at all. :confused:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You sure? I'm talking the main home page not the forums homepage. ;)

EDIT: Ah wait a min, i'm talking about the link at the top on the page in the black bar, not the one under the user menu. Sorry should have said before. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just reporting another possible tiny glitch. I am pretty sure that I shouldn't see an "Edit" button on a post submitted by another member. (Screen snip below.)

I accessed the thread from the main Forum. So far, this has been the only time it has happened, but thought it worth a mention.
:)

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to include a link to the thread.. duh!
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/cant-use-my-computer-use-t4031471.html#post14067708 It's too early in the morning!:sleep:

Attachments

• New PCR capture.JPG
    New PCR capture.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thats weird, the edit button is usually next to the quote button for us. :/

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers TC! It looks like the post was copied/pasted and included the edit button in the highlight for some reason - the edit button was just an image pasted in to the post, but nothing that would be active. I've edited the post and removed it now :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You can not see the date of a post until you reply, yes it does say " one week ago" but not the actual date.

An I can only get :cool: with two clicks whereas before you only needed one click. Yep I know I can :dance: with one click but i may just be feeling cool rather than cool an wanting to go to the toilet :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I've fixed your 2nd problem :). All of the smilies should be visible on the dropdown menu now :dance:.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah thats a good idea, its nice to have them all right there, even though i use hte code for most of them there's always one i cant remember! :p

I was wondering what people thought of some kind of Reputation, for things like helping and such. I'm in two mind as to whether it would be a good idea or not....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ian i just spotted another small issue.

Using the darker theme, Members names that are just standard users, are almost the same colour as the background and you cant see the user name without highlighting it. :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• pcrcolours.jpg
    pcrcolours.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 274

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Using the darker theme, Members names that are just standard users, are almost the same colour as the background and you cant see the user name without highlighting it. :)

Cheers V_R, I'll take a look at this tomorrow as it should be easy enough to fix :).

(famous last words? :lol:)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Urm, i've just come across this. I'm on my laptop and i'm guessing its down to the small screen resolution (1024x600) and the site being optimised for larger screens

Is it fixable?

attachment.php

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    84.1 KB · Views: 208

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll take a look at that too - the sidebar seems to be causing quite a few overlap problems. I'm going to see if I can find a CSS expert to narrow down what is causing it :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Still working on this one, as I can't figure out the CSS to stop the menu from sitting above the content. I've asked on a couple of CSS forums to try and get an answer though :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Its alright Ian, no rush. Rarely use my laptop on this site and i'm sure there aren't many people out there with such a low resolution

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Its alright Ian, no rush. Rarely use my laptop on this site and i'm sure there aren't many people out there with such a low resolution

Cheers mate, will try and get it sorted soon just in case :).

Has anyone else found this problem so far?

Ask a Question