Linux Live

Reaction score
After somewhere where i can download the Live editions of Linux (so i can run them straight of the cd or dvd) Would prefer downloading the ISO image if thats easier to do & then just burn it to disc.

Would have bought Linux Format @ £6.49 but thought downloading would be easier, i hope. And yes i really am thinking of going over to Linux!!:D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Suse 10.1 is out now - but I don't think there's a live version yet for downloading.

You can get Suse 10.0 LIVE (iso image) from HERE - I've been using the full version, as was Mucks until he upgraded to 10.1, and its a good one for newbies :thumb:

Reaction score
the more info the better

floppybootstomp said:
I may be too late but this place Distrowatch is worth bookmarking.

All latest Linux distro news and links to loadsa downloads.
Not at all, everything helps in my quest to learn about Linux, thanks for the link :thumb:
happywave.gif

Wow just had a look at it, not sure were to start!:D

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yup, DW is the place for Linux DLs ... pick as many as you like.

See which ones you like and, more importantly, which ones like your hardware. :thumb:

Reaction score
Cheers for all the help everyone, downloaded a few Live versions and will have a play:thumb: :bow: :wave:

Reaction score
Which is the best linux mag to get, was thinking of linux format as this month's copy has a couple of live versions on it??

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
feckit said:
Which is the best linux mag to get, was thinking of linux format as this month's copy has a couple of live versions on it??
I've tried that ... wasn't written in English though ... but it was free from Tesco ... my sister works there. ;)

You'll get better reading material off the Net. :thumb:

Ask a Question