Linux almost at critical mass (ahahahahahahahah)

The Ghost In The Machine

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, HangEveryRepubliKKKan
<[email protected]>
wrote
Linux hasn't achieved critical mass yet? **** man, according to the
Lintards it achieved critical mass in 1985 and then again in 1986, and then
again in 1987, and in 1988 critical mass was just around the corner.

1972 was the point where Linux initially was predicted
to achieve critical mass in 1973, despite the fact that
it hadn't been created yet. (As one might imagine, this
sort of thing is generally only a minor setback.)

The reason it's not 1969 was because Unix was relatively
new then, and therefore everyone was predicting that *it*
would achieve critical mass instead of Linux during the
1969-1972 timeframe.
Then it achieved critical mass in 1990, and was on the verge in 1991, and in
1993 it was almost there, and then in 1994, it had achieved the milestone
and had finally reached critical mass.

No no...you've got it all wrong. As of this year, Linux
will achieve critical mass *next* year, allowing for an
impressive string of 35 years of unbroken declarations of
critical mass next year.

Contrast this to Microsoft's mere pittance of
monopolization since about the late 1980's on the desktop
(with MS-DOS). They've only been top dog for about
18 years. Clearly, Microsoft needs to try harder here.
In 1995, it was just months away, and in 1998, it was once again almost
there, and in 2000 Linux was taking over from Windows, then in 2001, it's
percentage of the market had actually declined, but it was almost there.

And then in 2006 Windows was dead and Microsoft bankrupt,
and Linux was soon to be king... But now in 2007, Linux has
not yet reached critical mass, and Microsoft profits are up 23%.

That started in 1987 -- about a year after Windows' initial release
of 1.0 to the public.
Ahahahahahahahahahahahah...... It's always tomorrow in Lintard Land.....

Yes.

owl

In comp.os.linux.advocacy HangEveryRepubliKKKan said:
And then in 2006 Windows was dead and Microsoft bankrupt
I don't remember hearing about that, but then I haven't paid much
attention
to anything Microsoft-related in years. As crappy as their stuff was,
it's still kinda sad that they're not going to be around anymore.
A world without BSODs. I think I'm going to cry.

At least I can still have Clippy!
http://vigor.sourceforge.net/screenshots/

owl

In comp.os.linux.advocacy HangEveryRepubliKKKan said:
I see, so you have been completely detached from the real world for years.

That was a lame show that only a wintard would watch.

Spanky deMonkey

Even better. You can hook up with our resident RETARD, Kevin Putzke, Just
FYI. He gets major WOOD over Ubuntu. You could hang out together. Just
FYI

owl

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Spanky deMonkey said:
Even better. You can hook up with our resident RETARD, Kevin Putzke, Just
FYI. He gets major WOOD over Ubuntu. You could hang out together. Just
FYI

Two points go against your argument:
1. You top-posted.
2. You talked about another guy's dick.

7

7

Micoshaft Asstroturfer HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote on behalf of big
corporation:

Micoshaft sales have plummeted to less than
one third of all OS sales in Japan.

Linux is distributed not sold.
Don't pay for any reports that fails to acknowledge that point!!

Linux is now going like hot cakes.

At least one million new Linux desktops per month and the rate is
accelerating. Is it reaching critical mass for wide adoption?
Well it passed that point in 2003.
75% of all new projects in major corporations
now use open source and Linux.

All free with source code.. thats why!

Hundreds of livecds and distros here
http://www.livecdlist.com
http://www.distrowatch.com

Debasis Goswami

Interesting... The default reply setting for windows mail clients (vista as
well as previous ones) is top posting. Actually I like that. It is rather
retard to scroll 300 pages to read the most recent post.

HangEveryRepubliKKKan

owl said:
I haven't paid much attention
to anything Microsoft-related in years. As crappy as their stuff was,
it's still kinda sad that they're not going to be around anymore.

I see, so you have been completely detached from the real world for years.

No wonder youi are delusional.

I suggest you find yourself a girl, and go out on a date, lose some weight
and get laid.

HangEveryRepubliKKKan

7 said:
Micoshaft sales have plummeted to less than
one third of all OS sales in Japan.

Ahahahahahahahahaha....And where did you pick up that bit of nonsense? Oh
ya... MacWorld.

They put Leopard sales at 60% and Vista sales at 29%. Leaving 11% for all
other operating systems XP (still being sold), Various flavours of Unix, and
of course the various propriatory OS's used in Japanese game machines and
propriatory hardware. And then the LinTard OS.

But wait.. There's more. These figures are only for OS only sales. And
don't include sales associated with the purchase of new machines, which of
course would skiew this result heavily back to the OS camp.

And what happens when all 1,000,000 MAC users finish upgrading by the end
of this month? Sales on the island will plumet, while sales of Vista will
continue at a growing pase as Vista is retro-adopted by people waiting for
Service Pack 1 to be released.

Martin Langsholt

HangEveryRepubliKKKan said:
Linux hasn't achieved critical mass yet? **** man, according to the
Lintards it achieved critical mass in 1985 and then again in 1986, and
then
again in 1987, and in 1988 critical mass was just around the corner.

Linux didn't suface until 1991. It arrived at version 0.0.1 in 1991.
You must be talking about Unix.

"In 1991, Linus Torvalds began to work on a non-commercial replacement for
MINIX while he was attending the University of Helsinki. This eventually
became the Linux kernel." (source: Wikipedia)

The Ghost In The Machine

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Martin Langsholt
<[email protected]>
wrote
Linux didn't suface until 1991. It arrived at version 0.0.1 in 1991.
You must be talking about Unix.

"In 1991, Linus Torvalds began to work on a non-commercial replacement for
MINIX while he was attending the University of Helsinki. This eventually
became the Linux kernel." (source: Wikipedia)

Don't confuse him too much with facts. :) In any event,
the inaugural announcement came out on August 25, 1991

The initial version came out shortly afterwards.

Bill Yanaire

That reminds me. I haven't been to mass in quite awhile. I hope GOD isn't
pissed off.