Lightning, Cape Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Copyright infringement

Just to set the record straight. The pictures in the bottom row were taken by me and I hold the copyright to them. I have high res versions available for commercial use and will be prepared to print poster sizes prints for a fee.
If interested I can be contacted at (e-mail address removed)
Please ensure that you put out the correct info when claiming credit for pictures.
Cheers
Glenn Kasner

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Whoops big appologies to anybody that read this thread...I made a lsight booboo in my comment as I had missread mums e-mail..My dad DIDN'T take the pictures..They were sent to him by various friends of his. And mum forwarded them to me..I did think when I looked at them more closely and sort of figured out the area they were taken from, what was my dad doing in that part of Cape Town, as they stay a fare distance from there..Anyway appologies again..:D

I'm not getting into a legal argument here but it's generally accepted that once pictures are on the Internet they're pretty much in the public domain.

There are ways and means to prevent pictures being saved by right clicking on them although no pic is immune from screen grab software.

If the photographs were intended solely for commercial use and were copyrighted, it would have been prudent of the owner to have watermarked them and made it clear where they were published about the copyright.

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

Reaction score
Glennkasner said:
Hi Madx
Just to set the record straight. The pictures in the bottom row were taken by me and I hold the copyright to them. I have high res versions available for commercial use and will be prepared to print poster sizes prints for a fee.
If interested I can be contacted at (e-mail address removed)
Please ensure that you put out the correct info when claiming credit for pictures.
Cheers
Glenn Kasner

Madxgraphics said:
Whoops big appologies to anybody that read this thread...I made a lsight booboo in my comment as I had missread mums e-mail..My dad DIDN'T take the pictures..They were sent to him by various friends of his. And mum forwarded them to me..I did think when I looked at them more closely and sort of figured out the area they were taken from, what was my dad doing in that part of Cape Town, as they stay a fare distance from there..Anyway appologies again..:D

Glenn I think you failed to notice I had corrected my post and I hadn't actually claimed I had taken them, bit hard to do from London. As Floppybootstomp pointed out, once your pictures are out on the www they pretty much become public. If they are copyrighted then they should be water marked or have a copyright symbol with your name etc, after all theis is the whole reason you have paid for the copyright.

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Glenn I think you failed to notice I had corrected my post and I hadn't actually claimed I had taken them, bit hard to do from London. As Floppybootstomp pointed out, once your pictures are out on the www they pretty much become public. If they are copyrighted then they should be water marked or have a copyright symbol with your name etc, after all theis is the whole reason you have paid for the copyright.
No problem, apologies accepted. It's just that I'm getting pretty p*ssed off withe everyone claiming that they took the pics. I dont mind people posting them but then credit the person who actually took the pics.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I'm not getting into a legal argument here but it's generally accepted that once pictures are on the Internet they're pretty much in the public domain.

There are ways and means to prevent pictures being saved by right clicking on them although no pic is immune from screen grab software.

If the photographs were intended solely for commercial use and were copyrighted, it would have been prudent of the owner to have watermarked them and made it clear where they were published about the copyright.

Welcome to the forum by the way :)
Hi
I'd suggest you read up on copyright. What youre suggesting is the same as saying that downloading music from the internet is okay.
As mentioned in my reply to MaxX, I dont mind people sharing the pics by posting them on their pages but dont try to claim credit for taking them. Anyhow lets just leave it at that.
Cheers
glenn

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Glennkasner said:
Hi
I'd suggest you read up on copyright. What youre suggesting is the same as saying that downloading music from the internet is okay.
As mentioned in my reply to MaxX, I dont mind people sharing the pics by posting them on their pages but dont try to claim credit for taking them. Anyhow lets just leave it at that.
Cheers
glenn

No, I won't leave it at that, don't accuse me of condoning illegal music downloads.

I stand by what I said earlier and although I think it's a sorry state of affairs that photographers have their work plundered so easily, professional photographers take measures to protect their work.

I've been buying music for many many years and promoting the selling of music via DJ-ing for a long long time and I am a staunch supporter of musicians getting their dues.

I have also worked as a Press Photographer and sold pictures to all of the Nationals so I do understand the value of unique pictures.

You have now been recognised as the taker of the images MadX posted here and they are fine pictures, well done.

But please don't accuse me of supporting illegal music downloads.

Changing the subject, you posting your e-mail address here will make you liable to spamming, as spiders trawl forums looking for e-mail addresses posted openly which they then gather to sell as lists to spammers.

Reaction score
Well what you are suggesting (that whats out there on the internet is a free for all) is exactly that pal. Whats the difference between owners rights on music or images?
As far as email address being on the site, thanks for your concern but I do have effective anti spamming measures in place.
I dont know why you're getting your knickers in a knot about this as it was a matter between myself and Madx and has been settled.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... matter between myself and Madx and has been settled.
good, and with that I duly close this thread.

:)

Edit by fbs: It's not closed between me and him though but for the sake of harmony I will leave the thread closed. I was going to close it myself without further comment anyway, the guy's own words stand as enough.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
This could be tastier than Ali and Frazier in the thriller in Manilla..

Except its Flops and Glen in Cape Town :)

The pics are exceptional whatever :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question