English Cricket

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Lets introduce the Joke that is English Cricket...

Barbados , April 17th 2007 vs South Africa..

This is written after 7 overs of the SA innings...( We batted first) or should i say we came to the crease without bats...I have seen some excruciating English sporting performances but this beats them all by far 101/3 suddenly became 122/8 then tail enders put on 20 odd...(lol) excuse my laughing but it was a complete joke...i feel embarrased to be English...come on the thought of the Aussies ribbing us is one thing but i can feel the ground beneath me shaking as their whole country is rolling about crying in stitches...

South Africa in response to Englands 150 odd in 50 overs were ...wait for it ...70-0 after 7 overs and that partly from AB de Villers who hopped in his last game (lol)

England at the same stage were 9

Sack the board ...wtf do they do peering into lappies in the stands !!!!!! do something good for the country resign and let the lappies crunch for PC Review.....

sorry Rant over...its just i am so passionate about my Country it hurts when we are humiliated

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Sad....

I agree it is indeed dire my friend - seems the cricket is going the way of our National football team and becoming a bunch of overpaid primadonnas.....

:(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I take it then, you won't be routing for a Bank Holiday on St George's day.

:lol:

Bring back tiddlywinks ... :wave:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Bring back tiddlywinks ...
happywave.gif
Good idea, I believe we have one of the best teams in the world at that, and also conkers :thumb:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Mucks

I take it then, you won't be routing for a Bank Holiday on St George's day.

laughingsmiley.gif

Bring back tiddlywinks ...
happywave.gif

Street party and free food and beer but no F* English Cricketers allowed only real sportsmen like Scot Andy Murray and English Lewis Hamilton and maybe Stoke City`s Football team ;)

Reaction score
I totally agree with you Rush, what a poor performance.

South Africa are in my view the only team that can challenge Australia in the final.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
psd99 said:
South Africa are in my view the only team that can challenge Australia in the final.
I disagree, Sri Lanka with their full side can run them close ;)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Australia will be/are their own worst enemy...their passion is fantastic and they hammer teams all the time...(are you watching England ?)But fact is you cannot keep winning ..you have to lose sometimes....they deserve to win ..it will be a brilliant team performance that denies them ;)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
& have to say, even being half Aussie, but the Aussies are not good losers :(
Or, should say they usen't to be.
I haven't seen any cricket since sky TV bought up the rights to it about 7-8 years ago :(
Been so long now, not sure I even remember how :rolleyes:
But don't think NZ has produced anything outstanding in the cricket department since Hadley & the Crowe brothers. Oh, & Lance Cairnes as well :)o forgot him sorry)

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
cirianz said:
But don't think NZ has produced anything outstanding in the cricket department since Hadley & the Crowe brothers. Oh, & Lance Cairnes as well :)o forgot him sorry)
NZ are pretty good at the one-day game these days, and could well be the dark horse at the Tournament ;)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
About time :cool:
Although I don't follow cricket anymore, from what I've heard NZ has been looking pretty sad for the last few years. I shall be interested to see how they do :nod:
It would be nice to have a team worth barracking for again, & have to say cricket was really the only sport that really managed to catch & hold my interest.
It's sort of like a weird mixture of slow motion chess & Jujitsu :nod:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I've heard that with global warming and all that england will soon have ideal conditions for cricketers to survive and thrive as a a native species . :p

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
About time...although i hope it doesn`t stop there....David Gower,Ian Botham as double coaches should be installed...anyone not showing the right stuff would soon be snuffed out by Beefy.

Reaction score
Rush said:
About time...although i hope it doesn`t stop there....David Gower,Ian Botham as double coaches should be installed...anyone not showing the right stuff would soon be snuffed out by Beefy.
Mike Gatting as Chairman of Selectors & either Tom Moody or John Embury as coach!
How can you have an England Coach who has not been to a County match in 3 years.
Hopefully England will drop Jones & bring back Chris Read!!

Update @ 1713
Fletcher resigns!

Last edited:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Seems the West Indies fans are rather disgruntled :wave:

"As a fan of West Indies cricket, I remembered over 50,000 Aussies saying goodbye to a west indies team as I listened on the radio.This team today doesn't warrent any one saying goodbye..Gayle is what we call a vooper in the caribbean, close ones eyes and swing with no foot work, Smith is the Coach favourite on the team.Lance Gibbs stated he cries when we loose..die hard fans as I have no more tears left. Kanhai said that these kids playing today dont listen to advice, he quit in disgust.Lara will quit on Sunday from all forms of cricket ...The Trinidad and Tobago Team will beat this West Indian team any day ...I am ashamed to see how low we have come, but we have the best dressed team , stud diamonds, gold chains and designer sunglasses..."

Saturdays game looks like being a classic by all accounts :lol:

stock and laughing spring to mind

Reaction score
Rush said:
Seems the West Indies fans are rather disgruntled
happywave.gif

Saturdays game looks like being a classic by all accounts
laughingsmiley.gif

stock and laughing spring to mind
It's the battle of the worst playing test teams on Saturday.
Some say Ian Botham for Chairman of Selctors:eek:

Reaction score
I hope for the sake of Cricket that Australia do not in the World cup.

I think I would like Sri Lanka to win it, although I reckon it will be South Africa

both semis look very interesting!