LGA1366

CSB

Reaction score
Blimey, I didn't realise how much force you need to lower the lever in place after installing an i7 950. Yes it is in the right way and in line with the notches.

Just read other posts from others asking is it normal lol. I must admit, when I was installing it, I did also think it was going to break or something.

Anyone else had this when installing a CPU in a LGA1366 ?.

Also I'm a bit gutted, I have the Antec 1200 case and wanted to have a case fan installed on the side panel to go against the Gfx Card. But the bloody Noctua NH-D14 HSF comes out to far and goes against the fan, so I've had to take out the side panel fan :(.

Oh well, not like my case don't have enough fans already, 3 120mm in the front, a 200mm Big Boy fan at the top, 2 120mm at the back, plus another 120mm fan behind the HDDs. Oh and the 140mm fan on the HSF.

The fans that came with the case all have manual speed control aswell via the back switches and front dials.

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to give this pc a good workout?
Thought of becoming a Cruncher here at PC Review & World Community Grid?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
I always get the feeling that something is gonna break when putting on a HSF, seems to be common across all platforms though

I think you have plenty of cooling in that thing, any more and it'll start to take off :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Blimey, I didn't realise how much force you need to lower the lever in place after installing an i7 950. Yes it is in the right way and in line with the notches.
Yep you gotta give it some to secure it. Its normal. :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
The intel sandy bridge clips are supposed to be even worse! I've read some people are too scared to clip the processors to the mobo because it feels like there going to snap something!

Ask a Question