Noctua NH-L12 Low Profile CPU Cooler

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Big Bruin have reviewed the Noctua NH-L12 Low Profile CPU Cooler which features horizontal fans rather than the vertical arrangement seen in tower units:

"The Noctua NH-L12 heatpipe CPU cooler is an excellent choice for an HTPC or desktop system where space is at a premium. With the 120mm fan installed on top of the cooler it stands just 93mm (@3.7") tall, and if you can manage to run with just the lower 92mm fan installed you can get the overall height down to 66mm (@2.6"). This will fit a large number of cases, including some of the slimmer low profile units available. And considering its strong cooling performance, you may just want to use it in a full size system - even if you have room for a much larger tower style cooler.

The noise production of this cooler is extremely impressive. It was tested with just the top 120mm fan installed, and whether it had the L.N.A. (low noise adapter) installed or not, it was just about silent. As the latest addition to a media center computer in my home, I can now confidently describe the system as silent and not just low noise. With the case's side panel in place, you can not hear the system from more than a couple feet away and multimedia enjoyment is now never interrupted by the sound of spinning fans."

You can read the full review here.

Reaction score
:D Yes and it is at the retailer named after the South America river at £46-90 (Other retailers are available) I think I might get one.

Ask a Question