Lava vs ms beta spyware

Sue

I run Microsoft new beta spyware, shows no spyware, I run Lava and there are
a ton of critical objects.

I need help in understanding why one spyware (microsoft beta version) shows
nothing, and the other shows critical objects.

Any suggestions here?

running XP Gateway........ New computer

I hate spyware

To be honest, I have ran spybot, adaware, then pest
patrol and they all come up with something different. It
all depends on the scanning engine and the updated
database. I usually run at least two different ones, I
currently testing Microsofts and its not to bad. I still
prefer spybot and pestpatrol, but pestpatrol just came
out with a new version so I don't know whether I like it
yet or not. Hope this helps.

GLx

I run Microsoft new beta spyware, shows no spyware, I run Lava and there are
a ton of critical objects.

I need help in understanding why one spyware (microsoft beta version) shows
nothing, and the other shows critical objects.

Any suggestions here?

running XP Gateway........ New computer

.
Most likely LavaSoft shows cookies as crirical objects.
I also run LavaSoft Personal and it shows a lot of ad
cookies and no more else. After deleting all those
objects I run Microsoft AntiSpyware and it found 16
threats, 12 of which were marked red.

Patrick Dickey

Hello, "Sue" <[email protected]>!
You wrote on Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:55:16 -0500:

S> I run Microsoft new beta spyware, shows no spyware, I run Lava and there
S> are a ton of critical objects.

S> I need help in understanding why one spyware (microsoft beta version)
S> shows nothing, and the other shows critical objects.

S> Any suggestions here?

S> running XP Gateway........ New computer

Possibly, the objects that were found by Ad-Aware are Cookies. Currently, MSAS
doesn't support cookie scanning. What you'll want to do is look at the list of
objects that were found on Lavasoft's product, and see how many are not cookies.
If there are objects that aren't 'cookies', I would submit the list to MSAS's
product support team and to this post. Maybe seeing the list, someone will be
able to help you further.

As was mentioned in another reply, for the most part, each Anti-spyware program
will find something that others miss. That's why it's always recommended to run
at least two different ones.

Hope this helps a little.
Patrick Dickey<. E-mail: pd1ckey43(removethis)@msn.com