laptop won't startup

Reaction score
hi everyone. i have a dell latitude c610 and recently i haven't ben able to start it up. i turn it on and you can hear the harddrive starting and then suddenly it turns itself off. it recognises the cd drive, pressumbaly, as u can see the LED flash a couple times. i don't even get to see anything on the screen. plz help, i'm lost without my laptop!

here's a link to the vid of my prob, at least u can hear the prob

Last edited:
Reaction score
hi again. i've just taken out the RAM and reinserted it, also placed it into another slot but i still get the same prob. i was recommended to do this but can someone confirm that this is the issue with the laptop? thx
-x-

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well done for posting the video that was a neat way to show your problem . If you could try some memory from a working laptop this would tell you if the memory was faulty or not . In some cases memory or pci cards or graphics cards can become slightly dislodged in the slots so it is always worth reseating them if it is easy to do so . I can not help with your problem any further but someone else may be able to . Good luck .

happywave.gif

Ask a Question