Laptop takes long time to load the desktop

Phillip Singletary

I have a laptop that takes a long time to load the desktop. any suggestions?

Malke

Phillip said:
I have a laptop that takes a long time to load the desktop. any suggestions?

Not enough information to give you focused help. Please go to these
links to see what details you need to include in your next post:

In the meantime, general suggestions:

The First Question Of Troubleshooting: what changed between the time
things worked and the time they didn't?

The Second Question of Windows Troubleshooting: what is the
malware/virus status of the machine? If you think it is clean, what
programs (and versions) did you use to determine this?

Be sure the computer is clean:

If the computer is virus/malware-free, do clean-boot troubleshooting:

Clean boot in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353
Clean-boot advanced troubleshooting in Windows XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316434
How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

Also see:

Slow or Sluggish Computer:
http://aumha.org/a/health.htm - Take Out the Trash

May also be hardware; i.e., the hard drive may be in PIO Mode. See MVP
Hans-Georg Michna's information about that:
http://winhlp.com/?q=node/10 (more probably this isn't applicable but
with no details from you, I include it to be thorough)

Malke

harris andreson

wow that's i love it and this is gonna my favorite one
)<a href="http:///www.itiltutors.com">itil certification</a>(

Malke wrote:

Re: Laptop takes long time to load the desktop
07-Jan-08

--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Phillip Singletary wrote:

[...]

Break the Roles in SharePoint Lists
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...7-42f2d9110d79/break-the-roles-in-sharep.aspx

Tom Willett

Wow, another Egghead Hooplehead changing the subject line while replying to
a years old post.

<harris andreson> wrote in message
: wow that's i love it and this is gonna my favorite one
: )<a href="http:///www.itiltutors.com">itil certification</a>(
:
:
:
:
: Phillip Singletary wrote:
:
: Not enough information to give you focused help. Please go to these
: links to see what details you need to include in your next post:
:
: http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 - How to Ask a
Question
:
: http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing_Malware
:
: http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/slowcom.htm
: http://aumha.org/a/health.htm - Take Out the Trash
:
: May also be hardware; i.e., the hard drive may be in PIO Mode. See MVP
: Hans-Georg Michna's information about that:
: http://winhlp.com/?q=node/10 (more probably this isn't applicable but
: with no details from you, I include it to be thorough)
:
:
: Malke
: --
: Elephant Boy Computers
: www.elephantboycomputers.com
: "Don't Panic!"
: MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
:
:
: On Monday, January 07, 2008 9:31 AM
: Phillip Singletary wrote:
:
: Laptop takes long time to load the desktop
: I have a laptop that takes a long time to load the desktop. any
suggestions?
:
: On Monday, January 07, 2008 9:46 AM
:
: Phillip Singletary wrote:
:
[...]
: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice