The decline of the desktop PC

Editorial The decline of the desktop PC

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Becky submitted a new article:

The decline of the desktop PC - PC sales are declining, but what is the cause? Do PCs have a future?

It used to be the case that if you wanted to play a video game, browse the internet, or do some office work, then you would need a desktop computer or a laptop. For a long while these were the only options, but we now live in a world of mobile devices and tablets, and PC sales have been falling in recent years.

Why are PC sales declining? What has brought about this change? And does it even matter?

The rise of casual computing
Touch-screen computers have been around...

Read more about this article...

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't buy a desktop these days. I would rather have a powerful laptop that I can take with me anywhere. The only reason I would buy a desktop today if it was incredibly powerful, so powerful that you couldn't get the same power from a laptop.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah, it's good that nowadays laptops can compete with PCs (although high-end laptops tend to be fairly pricey). Interestingly, laptop sales have declined slightly, but not by as much as desktops or tablets. Sales of laptops are expected to remain fairly stable:

desktops laptops tablets.png

Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics...forecast-for-tablets-laptops-and-desktop-pcs/

Ask a Question