Laptop help

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new laptop but i am looking for some advise on what to get.

I am looking for a small laptop with a good battery life.

The laptop i have just now is an alienware and i paid way too much for it and the battery life is terrible, even though that was one of my major reasons for buying it.

I have looked at the ibook and the air and considered switching but i'm not sure it is worth it.

I have seen a few very small laptops recently form asus and sony but i really don't know what to go for .

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Whats your budget? what you need it for?put some links as to what you were looking at:wave:

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

I would like to spend about £800 or so but i am willing to go upto about £1200 or thereabouts if need be.

I need it to work form home and on the move so it is a lotf internet based programs plus microsoft office so nothing too demanding, i'm not a huge pc gamer anymore so thats not too important.

I need a good battery life and it needs to be small so i can take it with me everywhere.

I only saw a few small ones in the airport but i have no idea what the models were.

Reaction score
bmd16 said:

even though that was one of my major reasons for buying it.

I have looked at the ibook and the air and considered switching but i'm not sure it is worth it.

Any ideas?

"even though that was one of my major reasons for buying it." So you bought it for a crap battery..?Somewhere on this forum there is a thread on proloning battery life and use, i'll see if I can find it at some point

As Itsme said, what is your budget and what do you need it for..? As for Mac's unless you are into serious graphic design and music editing, in my opinion for the average user the are a waste of money...

Reaction score
i'm gonna go for the
Toshiba PortéGé R500-3G125 Core 2 Duo U7700

it's got everything i need

Ask a Question