Windows XP Language packs!!!

Reaction score
Hi im new to the forum I have a problem I installed xp on this machine that was giving me a hard time and so I had to install this ''Sata xp'' version and it worked well but only problem is its in portuguese and I need the english language pack, I cant find it anywhere please help!!!

Thanks alot!!!

Reaction score
If your problem was a driver that you have to load during install -->F6 as an example then you could use a floppy to load that driver, very easy and only you need another pc to have internet access and you M/B product name. Now as far as i know MS haven't released the Language pack for free (tell me if im wrong on that) so i suggest you try the install with a driver loaded from the floppy so windows installation detect you HDD.

Reaction score
First thing first, you need to know which Motherboard brand you have and what OS you are going to use. I assume that you going to install windows xp but we will need the motherboard model. Then we proceed. :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Zerocool said:
First thing first, you need to know which Motherboard brand you have and what OS you are going to use. I assume that you going to install windows xp but we will need the motherboard model. Then we proceed. :)

I'd say he already has an OS installed and is not having driver issues or anything related to what you have posted.

Hi im new to the forum I have a problem I installed xp on this machine that was giving me a hard time and so I had to install this ''Sata xp'' version and it worked well but only problem is its in portuguese and I need the english language pack, I cant find it anywhere please help!!!

Reaction score
solidrock said:
Hi im new to the forum I have a problem I installed xp on this machine that was giving me a hard time and so I had to install this ''Sata xp'' version . . . .

Yes but as it seems this sata version that he installed Evan it looks like an nlite version of windows with updated drivers, so if hes working hes HDD on ACHI mode xp never understand wheres your HDD is, expect if you install the driver from the floppy. All of course are thoughts so forgive me if im wrong or got it wrong mate.

First thing solid is to tell what procedure you follow and then you used this SATA XP version. The more details you say then easier to help. Did you try to install again windows and you couldn't see your HDD ??

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
solidrock said:

Thanks alot!!!

Hi Solidrock. If when you installed XP on your machine Portugese was the chosen language, you CAN'T change it to a different language by installing that language. You will need to completly re-install XP from scratch. Was the XP disk you used a genuine copy ?

Ask a Question