Windows 7 Keyboard Layout

Reaction score
After a new install of Windows 7 Ultimate my @ and " keys are reversed and I just can't seem to get them back to where they should be. I went into Region and Language in Control panel and checked under format it says English United Kingdom. Under Keyeboard and Language Tab and then Change languages it says default input language as English United Kingdom and under Installed Services everything says English United Kingdom. What am I missing please?
Most frustrating. I have an Acer A350 Satellite Laptop.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCReview

mildew said:
After a new install of Windows 7 Ultimate my @ and " keys are reversed and I just can't seem to get them back to where they should be. I went into Region and Language in Control panel and checked under format it says English United Kingdom. Under Keyeboard and Language Tab and then Change languages it says default input language as English United Kingdom and under Installed Services everything says English United Kingdom. What am I missing please?
Most frustrating. I have an Acer A350 Satellite Laptop.
Microsoft do not know that United Kingdom, English, exists ... you did know that Ultimate dosen't/didn't contain English UK language pack, didn't you?

Try ...

1. Go to Start / Control Panel / Clock, Language, and Region / Change the display language
2. Switch the display language in the Choose a display language drop down menu.
3. Click OK
4. Log off for the changes to take effect (This will affect only the user profile under which you are currently logged on). a Microsoft, Doh!!

and try

1. Start / All Programs / Windows Update / Optional Updates.
2. Open optional Updates and go to the section Windows 7 Language Packs.
3. Tick the Multilingual User Interface (MUI) you want and click OK
4. Proceed with Install Updates

that one may work?

We have a couple or three Ultimate useres her at PCReview, maybe worth ignoring my sarcasumn in favour of one of them posting a more proper solution. ;)

oh, I use Win 7 Premium 64bit English

:user:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Microsoft do not know that United Kingdom, English, exists ... you did know that Ultimate dosen't/didn't contain English UK language pack, didn't you?

Try ...

1. Go to Start / Control Panel / Clock, Language, and Region / Change the display language
2. Switch the display language in the Choose a display language drop down menu.
3. Click OK
4. Log off for the changes to take effect (This will affect only the user profile under which you are currently logged on). a Microsoft, Doh!!

and try

1. Start / All Programs / Windows Update / Optional Updates.
2. Open optional Updates and go to the section Windows 7 Language Packs.
3. Tick the Multilingual User Interface (MUI) you want and click OK
4. Proceed with Install Updates

that one may work?

We have a couple or three Ultimate useres her at PCReview, maybe worth ignoring my sarcasumn in favour of one of them posting a more proper solution. ;)

oh, I use Win 7 Premium 64bit English

Tried that now everything is in Thai and I can't work out how to get it back to English

muckshifter

Reaction score
oh wow, where the hell did you get this system from ... the back of a lorry??

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
oh wow, where the hell did you get this system from ... the back of a lorry??

No it's a Toshiba A350 satelitte and a proper one at that. Managed to get my English back but the keys are still arse about

Reaction score
OK all fixed. When you said change language and logoff I did just that and the only other language pack installed was Thai so that's where I ran into problems. managed to get it back to English then went back into change language and selected English in the drop down box then logged off and back on and all good.

Thanks for your help.

muckshifter

Reaction score
phew!!

... was gonna sent the search party out for that lorry. ;)

So, you got the full English breakfast & no American hash brown potato thingies. :thumb:

Ask a Question