Kingdoms of Amalur

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Anyone got this yet? Its been out a while and I've had it for a while and never got round to playing it till recently. I can't believe how damn good it is and what I've been missing out on!

If you liked Skyrim you will definitely love this, its a mixture of Skyrim and Fable but a lot more accessible if you catch my drift. You can literally pick up and play without going through walk-throughs or trawling the net for advice/guides. What makes it so fun is the real-time combat which is very much like Fable but a lot more fluid and fun. You can go from all different types of weapons (longsword,greatsword,sceptre,longbow,chakrams,daggers,blades and hammers) without suffering too much on the hit-points/damage you deal. You have 3 major classes to level up which are Might, Sorcery and Finesse which all contribute to what type of fighting you do and you'll have gains from what ever you level up e.g if you level up sorcery you'll have more mana/magic points to play with, if you level up finesse you get more arrows for your bow etc.

The graphics are not to Skyrim standards but are still bright and vibrant, matching the game play really. I've been playing for around 10 hours and I don't think the frames per second have dropped below 60 with every graphic detail maxed out.

So last words, get the game today :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks interesting! Not got it myself, although I wasn't hooked by Skyrim (must be the only person, as everyone I know seems to love it!).

Here's the trailer:

http://reckoning.amalur.com/

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Looks like one I'd like, I have all three Fable games on Xbox and the last three Elder Scrolls games, liked all of them. Have actually finished all of them except Fable III.

But I still have Witcher 1 & Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II to play through. I had got to one and a half levels through The Witcher 1 (out of 5 levels) when my hard drive crashed and I lost my saves so had to start again. Haven't played it in a while but funnily enough went back to it this evening. It's very good, imo, but it has to be the enhanced edition, original release was a bit rubbish.

Kingdoms Of Amular: The Reckoning is £30 on Steam atm but a copy can be had on Amazon for £22.

Think I'll wait awhile and if Steam have one of their silly sales I'll snap it up. Thanks for the recommendation Reef :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... although I wasn't hooked by Skyrim (must be the only person, as everyone I know seems to love it!).
naw, you not alone, I played Skyrim for a whole 30mins, IMO, it was rubbish (well the controls were) ... so I don't think I'll be getting any more of the same. :blush:

Ask a Question