Kendal splish splashing around !

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Took me two and a half hours to escape Kendal last week end.

s59c8MP.jpg

okaffpo.jpg

QydtbwC.jpg

BAnHZZb.jpg

mxdOxa9.jpg

Nearly had to dust of the longship.

:lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh my goodness Abarbarian! That flooding looks really awful - those poor folk! I sincerely hope that their sandbags, etc., succeeded in keeping the water out of their homes. It must have been a nightmare for you to drive through that lot. :(

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Wonder if the people who bought the house with the Sold sign are now regretting it? :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Oh my goodness Abarbarian! That flooding looks really awful - those poor folk! I sincerely hope that their sandbags, etc., succeeded in keeping the water out of their homes. It must have been a nightmare for you to drive through that lot. :(
Some did flood in the main house and some just had flooded cellars. The older houses are sensibly some feet higher than the roads and the newer houses designed by modern minds at footpath level, they call that progress.
As to driving in puddles, well I am a little on the loony side and really enjoy splashing through water. :lol:

Reaction score
Friend in Cumbria has been doing up an old boat in there garden, it is now floating.
Their sealing it and making it watertight in the summer has paid off!!

Sounds like they did the right thing even at the time they did not realise it:thumb:

Ask a Question