Kaspersky Internet Security

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone with KIS 6 or 7 noticed that your computer slows down on heavy network activity? If I copy files to another PC on my local network my PC really slows down - if I disable KIS for the duration it is much faster.

I don't want to disable parts of KIS unless I really need to (apart from the banner/popup blocker).

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Add your network to Trusted and or change to High speed ... see attachments below. ;)

Try HighSpeed first ... as you see, I did not need to add to Trusted.

:user:

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Mucks, I've made those changed now so I'll see how it works the rest of today :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well, I was suggesting just to try HighSpeed first ... it was all I needed to do, though I don't have many big files going back and forth to my Linux box ... just the usual video files err, I mean Linux ISOs I downloaded. ;)

You should get an improvement ... by the way, how big is the Data you are transferring ... 'cos XP has a wee glitch at 67,000 file counter or something, I think that's the number.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's a backup image of my hard drive, so its around 40GB! I did notice a slow down in an online game I played for the first time yesterday, so this may kill two birds with one stone :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
2 days later and no slowdowns that I can see - works a treat :)

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question