Junk Mail Filter Dialog Box Font become very large

A

AlanYuan

Hi. After deleted some fonts in my Windows Fonts directory, I find that when I open Outlook - Junk Mail Filter, all the fonts become wide and large so that I lose the "Remove" and "Add" buttons, even the email address in the safe-senders list also become very large. However, other dialog boxs in Outlook is show properly, the fonts in the Message List is no problem. I tried to reinstall some fonts and also I search over internet, no topic about this issue. Because I had add my email address to the safe list and make the filter not function, so I need to remove my email address from the list, but
I can't find a way unless I correct the font size in the dialog box to get back the "Remove" button, Please help me! Thanks a lot !

BTW, how can I uninstall the filter and reinstall again, since I have
uninstall whole the Outlook and reinstall again but no change. Also I have downloaded and install the latest Junk Filter from Microsoft, but the case is same, I spent a week try to solve this problem, but no hope, thanks for anyone who can help me !

R

Roady [MVP]

The font of the filter has nothing to do with its function and reinstalling
won't clear any configuration settings.

Restore the Fonts that you have deleted (you did take notes of what you did,
right?). If you have permanently deleted them already, you'd need to restore
them by reinstalling Office or run a diagnostic. If that doesn't help, than
you've deleted system fonts and you'll need to restore them from your
Windows installation disk.

Note that the Fonts directory is not a playground; you cannot delete fonts
at random.

A

AlanYuan

The problem is that I don't know what system font I had deleted. I really hate many softwares copy some useless fonts to my computer during the installation, while I going to choose the font style, so many useless fonts appear to the list, thus I clear some by myself. After my fault, the dialog box fonts become wide and large, Fortunely, my windows and all the outlook features is no problem, could anyone tell me what is the font I need to reinstall, even though, how can I reinstall all the system font from the Windows Installation Disk ?

R

Roady [MVP]

The problem is that I don't know what system font I had deleted.
It's always good to keep a list or at least make a copy of them when making
changes like these; makes it much easier to restore.

It all depends on your version of Windows.
Most of the Vista system fonts are called Segoe UI.
XP uses Tahoma and Trebuchet MS a lot.

Ask in a the newsgroup for your Windows version if you need more details on
how to restore them.

A

AlanYuan

Thanks very much to you.
I restore the font Tahoma and Trebuchet MS, now I solve the problem, the dialog box back to normal now.
Once again, thanks a lot.

Ask a Question