Disable Junk E-mail Filter in Outlook 2007

Dan Palacio

Good morning. I have tried searching online but have been unable to
find a suitable answer. I am using Outlook 2007 and after installing
SP2 for Office, I noticed that my junk e-mail is still getting
filtered by outlook even though I've selected No Automatic Filtering.
I do not want to use Outlook as my junk e-mail filter and want to use
a third party program. Most of my searches have turned up nothing but
thought I'd try here. Is there anyway to disable the filter
(uninstall, registry hack, whatever)? I do not like this filter at
all. Too many false positives and every e-mail I get that is good
automatically goes into Junk unless it's on my Approved list. Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Roady [MVP]

Make sure you have also emptied your blocked and safe lists.
In addition, when you are using Exchange, your mail admin could have server
side filtering enabled which also puts them in the Junk E-mail folder.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

SP2 adds a note in the Infobar letting you know if outlook's junk filter put
the message in the junk folder. If there is no note or it says a 3rd party
tool did it, you'll need to identify the other source yourself.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Dan Palacio

Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

[...]

I know for a fact it is the Junk E-mail filter in Outlook. I currently
have no 3rd party programs installed as of yet so I can remove the
filter before using it. Otherwise it's useless. Also I do have an
exchange server but ALL exchange filters are again turned off. I know
it's Outlook because when I exit Outlook and check my e-mail later in
the day, ALL spam is now in my Inbox because Outlook wasn't able to
filter it. So I know it's Outlook, and all I can think of is to
uninstall SP2 and just use it straight out of the box. Are there any
other ideas?

Dan Palacio

[...]

FYI, both Allow and Blocked lists have been completely cleared.

F.H. Muffman

Can anybody help me with this?

Well, first thing I'd suggest is patience. The people helping you here are
volunteers, and it's been only 5 hours or so since you last posted.

The second thing, exit out of Outlook, make sure it isn't running. Wait for
messages to show up that would normally go to your Junk folder, sending them
yourself if need be, making sure they are in your Inbox in OWA.

Once they are there, go to Start - Run and run outlook /safe.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/fix_junk.htm (it only works with
Exchange accounts)

So the items in the junk folder have the line shown in the first screenshot?
http://www.xsolive.com/Outlook Screen shots/Forms/DispForm.aspx?ID=100

--

Dan Palacio said:
[...]

FYI, both Allow and Blocked lists have been completely cleared.- Hide quoted text -

Yes every e-mail in my junk folder has that message. I do have No
Automatic Filtering selected.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

That's weird. Since you have an exchange account, try the method at

Dan Palacio said:
Seehttp://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/fix_junk.htm(it only works with
Exchange accounts)

So the items in the junk folder have the line shown in the first
screenshot?http://www.xsolive.com/Outlook Screen shots/Forms/DispForm.aspx?I...

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Let's Really Fix Outlook
2010http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

That's weird. Since you have an exchange account, try the method athttp://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/fix_junk.htm

--

wrote:
[...]

Thank you for the tip. I'll try it this evening and report back.

wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately, this didn't work. Spam is still getting filtered. :(