Jet Tec® Canon (CLI-8) instructions

Gary Tait

Martin ©¿©¬ (e-mail address removed) wrote in
I see Jet Tec are about to launch a cart with a chip holder for the
Canon Pixma MP500, Pixma MP800 Pixma iP4200, Pixma iP5200, Pixma
iP5200R, Pixma iP6600D.
http://www.jettec.co.uk/canon_instructions.asp
Wonder what the price will be?

Probably marginally more than the BCI6 series, since "mechanically" they
are nearly identical. It might cost a bit more at first, but should level
off after time.

Shooter

Not a lot of good without a new chip. The questions I would raise are how
long is a used chip good for ? what happens when the chip fails if in the
middle of a cart. The answer is for third party manufactures to get a
licence from a maker, we all know that will never happen.

Yianni

From the "instructions":
"It is important that you monitor the ink level
of your new cartridge to ensure that it does
not run completely dry".

It doesn't say how much important is. It doesn't say how will you monitor
the ink level inside the sponge? Half of the ink is inside the sponge
chamber, and half inside the non sponge chamber.
I think these cartridges are worthless. Much more reliable method, is to
refill the oem ones.

--
Yianni
(e-mail address removed)

"Martin ©?©¬ (e-mail address removed)" <Martin ©¿©¬
news:[email protected]...

DK

I see Jet Tec are about to launch a cart with a chip holder for the
Canon Pixma MP500, Pixma MP800 Pixma iP4200, Pixma iP5200, Pixma
iP5200R, Pixma iP6600D.
http://www.jettec.co.uk/canon_instructions.asp
Wonder what the price will be?

From their instructions:

"Canon printers with cartridges that use a chip have been designed
to detect non-genuine Canon products. As a result, the ink level will
no longer be detected. It is important that you monitor the ink level
of your new cartridge to ensure that it does not run completely dry."

I was under impression that cartridges without a chip still work
and work the same way - no ink level monitoring. If so, what exactly
is an advantage of transferring a chip to the non-OEM cartridge?

DK

Michael Johnson, PE

There is a company that is coming out with their own chip that retains
the ink monitoring capability. I can't remember their name at the
moment by I believe they are a German company.
Not a lot of good without a new chip. The questions I would raise are how
long is a used chip good for ? what happens when the chip fails if in the
middle of a cart. The answer is for third party manufactures to get a
licence from a maker, we all know that will never happen.

measekite

Shooter wrote:

Not a lot of good without a new chip. The questions I would raise are how long is a used chip good for ? what happens when the chip fails if in the middle of a cart. The answer is for third party manufactures to get a licence from a maker, we all know that will never happen.

I am sure that Canon will not want to diminish its fine reputation by licensing a bunch of fly by nite relabelers

I see Jet Tec are about to launch a cart with a chip holder for the Canon Pixma MP500, Pixma MP800 Pixma iP4200, Pixma iP5200, Pixma iP5200R, Pixma iP6600D. http://www.jettec.co.uk/canon_instructions.asp Wonder what the price will be? -- Martin &copy;&iquest;&copy;&not;

measekite

Yianni said:
From the "instructions":
"It is important that you monitor the ink level
of your new cartridge to ensure that it does
not run completely dry".

It doesn't say how much important is. It doesn't say how will you
monitor the ink level inside the sponge? Half of the ink is inside the
sponge chamber, and half inside the non sponge chamber.
I think these cartridges are worthless. Much more reliable method, is
to refill the oem ones.

That is not true and you know it. The most reliable method is to use
Genuine Canon ink in Genuine Canon carts or Epson or HP as the case may be.

Yianni

I was under impression that cartridges without a chip still work
and work the same way - no ink level monitoring. If so, what exactly
is an advantage of transferring a chip to the non-OEM cartridge?

The non-OEM cartridges don't work without a chip. That's why the
instructions says to put the oem chip.

Martin ©¿©¬ somewhere

Jet Tec CLI-8 compatibles retail for about £4 in the UK. Cheaper
alternatives can be obtianed for less than £2.

Can you give a URL please?

measekite

Gary said:
If you are inclined to find the goods and do the work yes. But some would
sooner buy prefilled carts.

Most, and that is the vast majority as borne out by statistics, buy
Canon branded OEM carts filled their Canon formulated ink. Anybody who
does not agree with that is totally stupid.