Canon CLI 8 / PG 5 Compats - Atlantic Inkjet

irwell

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the carts advertised by
Atlantic Inkjet

http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/canon-inkjets-product-PIXMA-MP510.asp

The indicate that they are 'recycled' and have reset chips to allow ink
monitoring.

I have a laser for most of my printing needs and don't mind spending $9 /
cart if they 'work ' ?

PS If they can reset the chip , why can't the rest of us ? Just
curious....

There is another company offering this service,
www.4inkjets.com
I have order six of the Cl-8, see how they work out.
$9.99 each, free shiping, had to pay California Tax at $4.95.

I seem to have spent a small fortune on cartrdiges on this
Canon ip6600d, but it has printed really good photos.

DanG

Lily said:
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the carts advertised by
Atlantic Inkjet

http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/canon-inkjets-product-PIXMA-MP510.asp

The indicate that they are 'recycled' and have reset chips to allow ink
monitoring.

I have a laser for most of my printing needs and don't mind spending $9 /
cart if they 'work ' ?

PS If they can reset the chip , why can't the rest of us ? Just
curious....

You can get Canon tanks for $10 at Amazon, look for the 4-packs with all
colors for $40. I fail to see any reason to buy remos or compatibles for
$9-10.

Right now, the only chip re-setters are expensive commercial units.
Compatible tanks with no chip are around $5-6.

irwell

You can get Canon tanks for $10 at Amazon, look for the 4-packs with all
colors for $40. I fail to see any reason to buy remos or compatibles for
$9-10.

Except the 4 packs do not include Photo Magenta and Photo Cyan.

Lily

DanG said:
You can get Canon tanks for $10 at Amazon, look for the 4-packs with all
colors for $40. I fail to see any reason to buy remos or compatibles for
$9-10.

Right now, the only chip re-setters are expensive commercial units.
Compatible tanks with no chip are around $5-6.

Hi,
Thanks for the Amazon suggestion...only problem is that they don't ship to
Canada !

measekite

DanG wrote:

"Lily" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:fAHyj.38027$w94.25269@pd7urf2no...

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the carts advertised by Atlantic Inkjet http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/canon-inkjets-product-PIXMA-MP510.asp The indicate that they are 'recycled' and have reset chips to allow ink monitoring. I have a laser for most of my printing needs and don't mind spending $9 / cart if they 'work ' ? PS If they can reset the chip , why can't the rest of us ? Just curious....

You can get Canon tanks for $10 at Amazon, look for the 4-packs with all colors for $40. I fail to see any reason to buy remos or compatibles for $9-10. Right now, the only chip re-setters are expensive commercial units. Compatible tanks with no chip are around $5-6.

I see no reason either why anyone would buy a nice Canon printer and then use the crap ink and not get the best out of it.

measekite

irwell wrote:

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:22:24 -0700, "DanG" <[email protected]> wrote:

"Lily" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:fAHyj.38027$w94.25269@pd7urf2no...

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the carts advertised by Atlantic Inkjet http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/canon-inkjets-product-PIXMA-MP510.asp The indicate that they are 'recycled' and have reset chips to allow ink monitoring. I have a laser for most of my printing needs and don't mind spending $9 / cart if they 'work ' ? PS If they can reset the chip , why can't the rest of us ? Just curious....

You can get Canon tanks for $10 at Amazon, look for the 4-packs with all colors for $40. I fail to see any reason to buy remos or compatibles for $9-10.

Except the 4 packs do not include Photo Magenta and Photo Cyan.

No Problemo

Lily

DanG wrote:
[...]

OK....it will cost me $80 to buy all Canon ink , and the printer cost $99.Would you be happier if I just bought a new printer ? Works for me !!

Taliesyn

Lily said:
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the carts advertised by
Atlantic Inkjet

http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/canon-inkjets-product-PIXMA-MP510.asp

The indicate that they are 'recycled' and have reset chips to allow ink
monitoring.

My sister uses these Atlantic Inkjet recycled/reset cartridges on her
iP4300 and says they work perfectly. Photos she has printed were great.

Last month I purchased an iP4500, with the CD/DVD printing feature, and
will also be buying same from Atlantic Inkjet. Atlanticinkjet has been
around for many years and provides very good quality inks at good prices
and fast delivery - usually around 4 days for my part of the country.

-Taliesyn

measekite

Taliesyn said:
My sister uses these Atlantic Inkjet recycled/reset cartridges on her
iP4300 and says they work perfectly. Photos she has printed were great. Must run in the family

Last month I purchased an iP4500,
probably clogged the others from crap ink

Taliesyn

Must run in the family

Yes, thank you. I thought her how to get great printing at a fraction of
OEM ink prices. Stick around, you might learn something. . .
probably clogged the others from crap ink

Dream on, Measeclog! My i860 was retired in perfect working condition,
given to a neighbor. My iP5000 will be "de-inked" and put away for
indefinite storage. If I don't use it in a year, it too will be given
away to someone who can use it. My two operational printers will be an
iP4000 and iP4500 because of their CD/DVD printing capabilities, which
I require for my creations.

-Taliesyn

irwell

There is another company offering this service,
www.4inkjets.com
I have order six of the Cl-8, see how they work out.
$9.99 each, free shiping, had to pay California Tax at $4.95.

I seem to have spent a small fortune on cartrdiges on this
Canon ip6600d, but it has printed really good photos.

The 4inkjet cartridges came today.
The colours print out great, but there is a mild streaking,
rather like excess ink on some pictures. See if it settles down
after printing a few more items. The machine seems to recognise them
without any problem.