FINALLY--A CANON CLI-8, PGI-5 CHIP RESETTER !!!

pheeh.zero

This seller has only 18 ratings, and even the seller claims "200 satisfied
customers". I think I'll wait a while on that one.

I can't wait to hear...what messerschwithead has to say!

Arthur Entlich

Hi Ron,

This is quite interesting. As you mention costly for now, and probably
targeting the small inkjet refilling company, but could easily lower in
price soon. I note that it requires a Canon printer, which is not
included, not sure why, and the notice of a "most comprehensive reset
instructions in the industry" would may me a little concerned, since it
would seem to me the device itself should require a lot of instructions.

As to the "individual" who flamed you for bringing this to the
newsgroup's attention, I have to wonder what exactly he's contributed to
the newsgroup, and what he thinks the mandate of this group is anyway?

Art

Ben Lucas

Arthur Entlich said:
As to the "individual" who flamed you for bringing this to the
newsgroup's attention,

I'm a seller on eBay, I'll start posting my stuff in the 40,000 or so
non-for-sale Usenet newsgroups, especially this one, OK? I'll post stuff
I cloned to make people ooh & aah over it imagining that it must be
legitimate. It will cost about $5 to make in its cheap plastic box with
pretty flashing lights so I can put a 1000% markup on it just like the
big boys. I'll claim, "Look What I Found" so it sounds even more
realistic. I'll post the link on Usenet when there are 0 bids, 4 views,
with 22 hours in the auction. I'll ship from an unknown location in
another country so indeed it looks so real. I won' echo any questions
about it from anyone curious wanting to know more.

I have to wonder what exactly he's contributed to
the newsgroup, and what he thinks the mandate of this group is anyway?

You continuously post to this long established comp Usenet newsgroup
without complying to standard Usenet posting conventions and then you
have the nerve to bring up contributions and this newsgroup's charter in
what can only be described a vain attempt to suit your special purpose.
How do you reason this? "I can post in direct violation of proper
procedure and then jump in someone's shit if they rub me the wrong way?"

If you think it's so good, put your money where your mouth is and buy
it.

Ron in NY

Tony Hwang said:
Hmmm,
Who cares?
Evidently, you have some old POS printer that does not use the CLI 8 or PGI 5
series of cartridges, or you would care.
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

measekite

irwell wrote:

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:37:48 GMT, [email protected] (Ron in NY) wrote:

Tony Hwang <[email protected]> wrote:

Hmmm, Who cares?

Nobody and idiots care(s)

=========================================================== Evidently, you have some old POS printer that does not use the CLI 8 or PGI 5 series of cartridges, or you would care.

Beware of humming wangs.

Arthur Entlich

No, he needs a chip on his shoulder reset, but is refusing to have it
done, demanding a brand new shoulder!

Art

Arthur Entlich

How about people who want to reset the chips on their Canon ink
cartridges, or wish to offer such a service. Considering until recently
there was first no way to reset them, and then a machine costing several
thousands of dollars for commercial use only, this is potentially a
major price drop.

Art

Arthur Entlich

I can't verify if the device offered is real or not, but then again, I
doubt if you can either. The particular posting was for a device that
would be of some interest to many people who read this newsgroup, since
the issues of the ability to refill or reset Canon's recent inkjet
cartridges comes up quite often.

People who use hyperbole to try to justify one targeted and relevant
instance of something and make it sound like the sky is going to fall
end up sounding like chicken little, and quite honestly are as annoying
as people who have nothing of value to add to a newsgroup except to
b*tch. In some cases, they may even be one in the same... ;-)

This was a one of posting, potentially regarding a relevant item, and
the poster doesn't appear to have anything to do with the sale of the
item in question, he was edifying the group.

I have explained numerous times why I use top posting. It is a common
usage in many groups including UseNet groups, and there is logic to it
for the type of posting I do. You are among a VERY few who care or
complain about it. Most people seem to be able to get their heads around
it without going into seizures. Or they are invited to filter my posts
from their reader. While you complain about my horrific deed of top
posting, you don't mention how many people read this group because I do
"reside" here. I get private emails to that effect fairly regularly.

Oh, by the way, rather than buy the device (I don't own any Canon
printers, so I have no personal need for it) I used the money and I
bought this newsgroup, and as of today, everyone MUST top post or they
will be banned. (I better explain to you that the proceeding is a joke,
or you may get the UseNet gods after me and my computers clock will go
back to Jan 1, 1980, or something). ;-)

Have a NICE day.

Art

Colin Reddish

DanG said:
This seller has only 18 ratings, and even the seller claims "200 satisfied
customers". I think I'll wait a while on that one.

He has had 18 ratings in the last 12 months but 211 ratings in total with
95.5% positive. He has been an eBay member since 2003. That sounds like a
good record to me.

Colin

Ben Lucas

Arthur Entlich said:
I have explained numerous times why I ...

<Deleted everything not worth repeating>

Whoa, that totally flew over your head!

If you want to play net-nanny then practice what you preach or STFU.
If you want to cry foul then do it without bias or STFU.
If you want to hide behind rules then hide behind all of the rules or
STFU.

I see no point continuing a conversation with your greater-than-thou
attitude.

Arthur Entlich

You might notice that the vast majority of his ratings are for making
purchases, however. Something to always consider. When people buy
something they want after winning a bid, they usually pay right away so
they get the goods. Otherwise, what's the point of bidding?

However, selling requires a lot more responsibility and honesty, since
most people pay on good will before they receive the goods.

I'm not casting any aspersions on this person, since I don't know him,
but he has mainly sold used empty cartridges so far, and he has a few
complaints in that regard, but one should always be cautious when
someone is suddenly selling goods of a much higher value and has only a
small selling record.

Art

Arthur Entlich

Since your mind is too inflexible to understand top posting, I'll make
it simpler for you:
Your most recent posting is also replied to in "the manner you are
accustomed to, below, in chronological order, so as to not further
confuse you:

Ben said:
newsgroup's attention,
so non-for-sale Usenet newsgroups, especially this one, OK? I'll post
stuff I cloned to make people ooh & aah over it imagining that it must
be legitimate. It will cost about $5 to make in its cheap plastic box
with pretty flashing lights so I can put a 1000% markup on it just like
the big boys. I'll claim, "Look What I Found" so it sounds even more
realistic. I'll post the link on Usenet when there are 0 bids, 4 views,
with 22 hours in the auction. I'll ship from an unknown location in
another country so indeed it looks so real. I won' echo any questions
about it from anyone curious wanting to know more.

Arthur Entlich replies:
I can't verify if the device offered is real or not, but then again,
I doubt if you can either. The particular posting was for a device that
would be of some interest to many people who read this newsgroup, since
the issues of the ability to refill or reset Canon's recent inkjet
cartridges comes up quite often.
People who use hyperbole to try to justify one targeted and relevant
instance of something and make it sound like the sky is going to fall
end up sounding like chicken little, and quite honestly are as annoying
as people who have nothing of value to add to a newsgroup except to
b*tch. In some cases, they may even be one in the same... ;-)
This was a one of posting, potentially regarding a relevant item, and
the poster doesn't appear to have anything to do with the sale of the
item in question, he was edifying the group.without complying to standard Usenet posting conventions and then you
have the nerve to bring up contributions and this newsgroup's charter in
what can only be described a vain attempt to suit your special purpose.
How do you reason this? "I can post in direct violation of proper
procedure and then jump in someone's shit if they rub me the wrong way?"

Arthur Entlich Replies:
I have explained numerous times why I use top posting. It is a common
usage in many groups including UseNet groups, and there is logic to it
for the type of posting I do. You are among a VERY few who care or
complain about it. Most people seem to be able to get their heads around
it without going into seizures. Or they are invited to filter my posts
from their reader. While you complain about my horrific deed of top
posting, you don't mention how many people read this group because I do
"reside" here. I get private emails to that effect fairly regularly.buy it.

Arthur Entlich replies:
Oh, by the way, rather than buy the device (I don't own any Canon
printers, so I have no personal need for it) I used the money and I
bought this newsgroup, and as of today, everyone MUST top post or they
will be banned. (I better explain to you that the proceeding is a joke,
or you may get the UseNet gods after me and my computers clock will go
back to Jan 1, 1980, or something). ;-)

And now to your last posting:

Ben said:
<Deleted everything not worth repeating>

Whoa, that totally flew over your head!

Hardly, I replied to your comments exactly, maybe you don't know how to
write what you mean, if I didn't "get it" ;-)? I sure do.
If you want to play net-nanny then practice what you preach or STFU.

I do practice what I preach. I preach edifying people with useful
information, and not getting hung up in the idiocy of questionable
protocol. I preach trying to answer questions when I know I can be
helpful, with knowledgeable and accurate information, and when I have
made an erroneous statement, I attempt to correct it as soon as I become
aware of it. I preach vastly overly balancing my O.T. statements with on
topic and useful information and content to this Usenet group. I preach
being a useful member of a internet group, rather than showing up only
to b*tch and moan about some small and not even clear infraction of
someone's sense of the correct content on a newsgroup. I preach to try
to correct misinformation when I become aware of it so that people
aren't mislead in areas where it could prove harmful or costly to them.
If you want to cry foul then do it without bias or STFU.

My only bias is with small-minded, anal retentive individuals who are so
hung up with form that they have no understanding of function; people
who find NO other purpose to post and contribute to a group other then
to complain about something or someone, and those who intentionally
mislead others with malicious intent.
If you want to hide behind rules then hide behind all of the rules or
STFU.

I'm not hiding behind anything. I post my email address regularly. The
name I use is the one I was given at birth. Anyone can contact me off
line, and many thousands do each year, and in all those thousands, I can
count on one hand the number of people who have anything but positive
comments or requests for help to send me.
I see no point continuing a conversation with your greater-than-thou
attitude.

Well, we've agreed on one thing then... there is no point to continue
this conversation. Oh, one more thing, I preach filtering out people
who post useless annoying messages who provide no valuable content.

So, *ploink*

Please! do the same for me!

Thank you!

Have a NICE DAY.

Art

PS: In all the tens of thousands of postings and emails which I have
written, I have never asked/told anyone to STFU. Is vulgarity part of
your Usenet protocol?

measekite

Ben Lucas wrote:

"Arthur Entlich" &lt;[email protected]&gt; wrote in message news:OV7Fj.105928$pM4.28312@pd7urf1no...

I have explained numerous times why I ...

&lt;Deleted everything not worth repeating&gt; Whoa, that totally flew over your head! If you want to play net-nanny then practice what you preach or STFU. If you want to cry foul then do it without bias or STFU. If you want to hide behind rules then hide behind all of the rules or STFU. I see no point continuing a conversation with your greater-than-thou attitude.

Now that is a great realization.&nbsp; I say holier than thou but what you say will suffice.

TJ

Arthur said:
I have explained numerous times why I use top posting. It is a common
usage in many groups including UseNet groups, and there is logic to it
for the type of posting I do. You are among a VERY few who care or
complain about it. Most people seem to be able to get their heads around
it without going into seizures. Or they are invited to filter my posts
from their reader. While you complain about my horrific deed of top
posting, you don't mention how many people read this group because I do
"reside" here. I get private emails to that effect fairly regularly.
Art, I for one have far less annoyance with top-posting than I have with
people who don't know what a "Delete" key is for. It can't possibly get
much more annoying than to wear out your mouse wheel cycling down and
down some more through quote after nested quote, only to finally get to
the end where the poster says, "Right!" or "You idiot!" Why don't the
netiquette police ever go after them? If there's a reason for quoting
everything, fine. But if it's just laziness, it's not.

TJ

Burt

TJ said:
Art, I for one have far less annoyance with top-posting than I have with
people who don't know what a "Delete" key is for. It can't possibly get
much more annoying than to wear out your mouse wheel cycling down and down
some more through quote after nested quote, only to finally get to the end
where the poster says, "Right!" or "You idiot!" Why don't the netiquette
police ever go after them? If there's a reason for quoting everything,
fine. But if it's just laziness, it's not.

TJ
TJ - you hit it on the head. The same people who don't know where the
delete key is also hit "forward" to send emails without deleting all the
email addresses in the previous recipients' list or previous sender. They
also don't get the "bcc" address line that would protect their friends from
spammers.

shandizheng

Hey all,

I ran across this on Ebay. It's expensive now, but who knows what will
happen a few months down the road.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-Chip-Resetter-CLI-8-PGI-5-CLI8-PGI5-reset-c...

If the above link doesn't work, the item # is 140217443022

RON
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Hello "Ron in NY"

I find another on Ebay, and i think much cheaper as its starting price
is $300. I guess you may be interest, here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110236544618&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Best,
Shandi

Pak.chandra

Hi Ron,

This is quite interesting. As you mention costly for now, and probably
targeting the small inkjet refilling company, but could easily lower in
price soon. I note that it requires a Canon printer, which is not
included, not sure why, and the notice of a "most comprehensive reset
instructions in the industry" would may me a little concerned, since it
would seem to me the device itself should require a lot of instructions.

As to the "individual" who flamed you for bringing this to the
newsgroup's attention, I have to wonder what exactly he's contributed to
the newsgroup, and what he thinks the mandate of this group is anyway?

Resetter All Tipe canon and epson Free
http://indoresetter.blogspot.com