Jerky Image in some games

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wodnering if anyone might have the same problem in some games World Racing and Need for speed pro street and a few other games Microsoft Flight simluator I seem to get a jerky image when playing these games, I ahve updated to the latest drivers for my Video card BFG 8800GT 512MB but I still seem to have the jerky image is this normal? I also have AA turned on aswell.

Any advice most welcome.

Thanks,

Wizkid

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've moved this to the gaming forum :)

You probably have the graphics settings turned up too high - the first thing I'd check is to lower your AA settings. If you have something like 16xAA that will probably be causing it. Try lowering that, and if that doesn't speed it up enough try reducing some of the other graphics quality settings in the game.
:thumb:

Reaction score
Ian,

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be worth running the Ntune fine tuning tool to see if that can impove any settings and clock speeds ext, I have also done a factory reset on the Nvida software and it seems the same so I think I will try and lower some of the game settings to see if I can find out the problem.

Thanks,

Wizkid

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Need to know what framerate your getting. goto www.fraps.com and download it, run it, play the game, and tell us what it is. :)

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply.

I sometimes get a line across the screen when turning corners of the game its like a smaer across the screen? This is the same on most of the games I play this is normal?

Thanks,

Wizkid

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
it sorta normal.
Thats called tearing - it when the video card produces images faster than the monitor can handle. Or something like that :D .

enable V-Sync in the Nvidia Control panel.
Open the Control panel , open 3-D settings in the side panel then select 'manage 3-D settings'. Choose the 'Global settings' tab , scroll down to 'enable V-Sync'... enable. :)

Reaction score
Cheers for reply Alf,

I'll try what you said and let you know. So if I got newer monitor this would help stop the tearing? the monitor I have at the moment is about 4 years old.

Thanks,

Wiz

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Newer LCD monitors have lower response times, so tearing should be less - but I highly doubt it's anything do with your card.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Id say that upgrading is a expensive alternative - just enable V-Sync and Triple Buffering and you'll be fine :)

Reaction score
Alf said:
Id say that upgrading is a expensive alternative - just enable V-Sync and Triple Buffering and you'll be fine :)

Hi I have done this, however it seems to be the same. Could this be a problem with the card? I'll check the settings again to night though.

Thanks,

Wiz

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Right, so does it get jerky in just the games mentioned above? Do you notice a frame rate drop at the same time? Are you playing online?

It could be your getting a frame rate drop for a second, or lag if your online.

Try going into the NV Control panel and check you haven't turned on some high AA or something. Go in game and drop all settings to low then play see if it still does it. :)

Reaction score
V_R said:
Right, so does it get jerky in just the games mentioned above? Do you notice a frame rate drop at the same time? Are you playing online?

It could be your getting a frame rate drop for a second, or lag if your online.

Try going into the NV Control panel and check you haven't turned on some high AA or something. Go in game and drop all settings to low then play see if it still does it. :)

Hi V_R,

Its maniny in World Racing 2 that this porblem happens I have lowerd all the settings in the game and in Nvida settings aswell. I have been speaking to BFG as well and they have told me that it could be the card, they asked me to send in the voltage of the GPU in the BIOS the voltage was 13.33v they said that is very high for what it should be?

Thanks,

Wiz

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Theres no way thats the cards voltage.....

It should be around 1.1 - 1.15 max! (or there abouts)

World Racing 2 is a xbox port isn't it? That may be the problem...... You could have a uber top end pc but if the game is a bad port, it wont matter...... Rainbow Six Vegas was the same. it ran crap coz it was a crap port. :)

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/driving/worldracing2/review.html

Reaction score
Hi V_R,

I did think that voltage was a bit high and not normal BFG told be to download PC Wizard 2008 and give then all the voltages from it. They have told me to test the card in another pc but I dont really think that card is at fault and I don't want to send it back and then get a used one and its the same?

Thanks,

Wiz

Ask a Question