it seems i have no installation device on my computer..

Reaction score
Ok heres my dilemma, Im trying t install Call of duty modern warfare on my computer, except for some reason it wont automatially load the installer program when i pop the cd in. so i go to run, and i typed in setup.exe , and it tells me to go to control panel settings, ive looked throught the entire thing, nothing helped, i decided to go into add/remove progras, i hit add new program, and then aain i clicked add new program from acd or floppy disk, then i get a message saying "windows cannot find the installatin program" and its not the game because it did it to bf2142 or w.e it was, im thinking my computer has like deleted my installer or something,. but i loaded up steam if anyone is familiar with that, and i tlyped in the game code to put my game on steam and it said the code was invalid, any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated, maybe on where i can download a new install wizard or something idk.

Reaction score
Have you tried the following:

start up My Computer with your CD in the drive; find the CD Drive; right-click it and select Autorun. If the CD is intended to start up automatically with windows that might do it.

failing that, again with your CD in the drive, find the CD, double click to open and see if it comes up with a directory listing for the root folder. If it does there should be a file named autorun.inf (or simply autorun if you are not showing extensions) right-click and select open. It should open in Notepad and one of the sections in the file will tell you which program it is supposed to run on auto. Now find the program and double-click it.

One more thing to try - make sure the CD surface is thoroughly clean before putting it into the drive.

Reaction score
when i put the cd in , i cant even fnd it on my computer, like i click my computer and it should be next to my c drive, as is starcraft when i put that in, it loads starcraft and everything ,now maybe im thinking i cant use this kind of cd, it says cd-rw drive on my pc. and starcraft was burned to a cdr disk, if i were to put cod4 on a cdr disk think that ill help?, and just to clear up your instructions from the post, i cant seem to find the disk on my copmputer to take any of those steps ><

Reaction score
I am not a games player so am not familiar with the games you are mentioning. However, on the strength of your comment about CDR and CDRW I looked up Call of Duty 4 online (at Amazon) and it seems to be a DVD game Is there any chance that you have it on DVD and are trying to use it in a CD drive?

Ask a Question