Issue with RDP and databe disconnects

Reaction score
Ok I was wondering if I could get some help on this issue. First off, I am new to the site and I am looking for ANY resource to be able to assist in this situation. Here is my scenario:

I have a Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition server that is a main database server for our company. It is running SQL 2005. It is also running SEP (Symantec Endpoint Protection). There are a couple of other servers, running 2003 Standard that have apps that run on them, but connect to this SQL server. When I RDP into the DB server, only sometimes I get a little disconnect icon in the screen and my RDP session closes out. However, at the same point in time, my other 2 servers drop their connection to the DB. But the weird part about it is that the DB server NEVER loses network connectivity. It just seems that everything that connects to that SQL instance judrops. ANY ideas?

Ask a Question