Is it snowing yet?

Reaction score
Not had much snow here in Staffs.

Damnit. Been living in Herts for 18 years, I come up North to uni and we finally get lots of snow down south :mad::mad:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
snowpix

As promised, some pix.

these were taken about 10.30am today, the snow is now deeper, I have drifts of around 14"/36cm right now.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Pot Guy in staffs...lol up north is ace...played golf at Keele yesterday and hit a 7 iron into the road on the par 3 if i knew you were in residence at the uni i would have used a 3 iron ....:)

Welcome to the real world m8 :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Nice pics Flopp's..Incidentally thats a hell of a balcony you got yourself there, How many acres is it..:D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

Roughest council estate in Kendal.
nod.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well it was open and I needed a pit stop. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Peasants outside the castle foraging for fuel. ;)

attachment.php

All these were taken from the Market Square at the same time. I was trying to get the castle to look good but the benches I was stood on to get some height were not high enough and in slightly the wrong place. If I could have used a tripod they would have been a bit sharper.

This was on Auto with the flash firing.

attachment.php

ISO 100 flash fired.

attachment.php

Auto no flash

attachment.php

Auto no flash.

Last one has bad camera shake and I had to dump a few otheres cos of shake. Still it is nice to see what different pics you can get with different settings.

Flopp's balcony is bigger than my garden. :eek:

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 158
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 199
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 177
Reaction score
attachment.php

Hello Dad
attachment.php

Just started to have a blizzard.
attachment.php

Cool man..
attachment.php

Here I am!
attachment.php

I love this snow Dad......

Attachments

• SS100033.JPG
    SS100033.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 185
  • SS100016.JPG
    SS100016.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 144
  • SS100020.JPG
    SS100020.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 136
  • SS100025.JPG
    SS100025.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 113
  • SS100032.JPG
    SS100032.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 217
  • SS100034.JPG
    SS100034.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 133

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I love the pix, Flopps, Abarbarian and Itsme.

CL is right, that does look like a very sizeable balcony Flopps, nice and spaceous.

AB that is such a pretty cobbled street, it has a very olde worlde appearance.

Aww and Jet is looking really good now Itsme, she looks as if she is enjoying that snow :nod:

Reaction score
Aww and Jet is looking really good now Itsme, she looks as if she is enjoying that snow
nod.gif

Yes she loves the snow running around like a wild-cat:D

Reaction score
I could see my Pajero earlier but baby look at me now:D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 142
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 222

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It's now snowing hard again, but I took these just before breakfast this morning.

This is looking up the driveway

IMG_0039.jpg

Some of our trees which run down the side of the garden.
IMG_0045.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, it's nothing like that here today - clear skys, bright sunshine and no snow/rain in sight :D That's quite a bit of snow itsme ;)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Wow, it's nothing like that here today - clear skys, bright sunshine and no snow/rain in sight :D That's quite a bit of snow itsme ;)

Not that much really Ian about 6 inches, it has stopped now and started to thaw, problem is when it freezes later on, Whoops a daisy>>>>>> Flat on yer bum.....:lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good to see all these pix :thumb: :)

E & P fan: Did you take those pix through a toffee wrapper or is it sodium lighting or something? Interesting stuff :)

Crazylegs: Groovy :) He's only a poor little sparrow... :D

Historian said:
Well I expect you have all seen the T.V broadcasts this morning

Nope, I ain't got no telly and I rarely watch the 'puter TV card.

Abarb: Blimey, that council estate at Kendal looks like some of the estates on the outskirts of Glasgow :eek:

'Peasants foraging for fuel' :lol:

Love the village street pix :thumb:

itsme: Looks like we be getting the same amount of the white stuff.

Nice pooch. Good motor. It's in weather like this that a 4 x 4 has distinct advantages :thumb:

Taffycat: I can see your private area :) Nice garden.

This morning I had to be at Peckham at 9.30am, side streets were a sheet of ice, main roads clear of snow & ice. Clear of snow & ice but relatively deserted. When I got to the school site it was locked up with nobody there :mad: I wish they had let me know that, took me a good 20 minutes to get all the snow off the motor.

Today sun is bright, snow is melting, most pavements are very dodgy, just walked out to post a letter and saw two people fall over.

And yes, my balcony/patio is a very fair size indeed :blush: I kinda fell on me feet with this place but I don't really feel guilty about it cos:

2002: home owner, big garden which I miss now, 3 years or so left to pay on mortgage, divorce, company collapse, heart failure, homeless.

Six years in a very old council flat near Woolwich Ferry, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, eldest daughter living with me, one bedroomed flat, she sleeping on sofa.

June 208, after what seemed like a long struggle - rehoused. The patio area is a fabulous garden substitute for me and gives me an enormous feeling of well being (to quote a Blur lyric, lol) :) And I DO apreciate it, there's probably some who wouldn't.

Come this spring, if I can afford it, I intend to populate it with lots of potted plants.

To everybody - thanks for all your comments.

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
I don't know why they came out like that, all the sodium street lighting was replaced a couple of years ago, mind you the new stuff is still quite yellow-tinted.

I didn't have the flash on because of the traffic, and when I tried it down a side street it just reflected off the snow anyway.

Reaction score
Tried to get the car out of the drive, big mistake as it took 1 hour to get all the snow off the drive to put the car back again! So the meeting i was going to has been canceled & worse a freebie meal tomorrow lunch time looks like it's off due to the weather! Was looking forward to being treated to a slap up meal as well!:(

Reaction score
itsme: Looks like we be getting the same amount of the white stuff.

Nice pooch. Good motor. It's in weather like this that a 4 x 4 has distinct advantages

Yes came down quite heavily for about two hours 6” lying, thawing very fast now.

Jet the rocket >>>>>>>>> she’s doing well since her illness:nod: .

Didn’t have a reason to go out today so the Pajero stayed put, but watching the cars/drivers trying to get along the roads were laughable:bow: , I live close to the M4 and can see the dual carriageway leading to it from my house the cars vans lorries were all over the place, I were tempted to go and drive past all the drivers who mock the 4x4s:lol: :lol:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
There has been no snow at all today and the sun shone just about all day. Most of the snow has gone.

Went out this morning with my new camera. I need to sort out the settings I think.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF2004D.jpg
    DSCF2004D.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCF2005D.jpg
    DSCF2005D.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCF2009D.jpg
    DSCF2009D.jpg