IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS

Reaction score
BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 00000004 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 804E661F OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

HELP ME PLEASE GUYS iduno wat to do im cluless when the blue scrren comes up it just says IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS no code to hardware problems

Reaction score
Hi Lynda,

Can you please give us some more information about this please.

When does this error occur after you boot into windows? shutdown? startup?

Have you recently installed any hardware/software - driver updates?

Can you boot into safe mode ok and does this error still occur at least this way we know that only essential windows services are running and if it works we know its a thrid party driver more than likely.

BSODs are more often caused by drivers - there is a way to read the dump file to see the log it is a complicated process though

let me know

cheers

Reaction score
more info please so we can help you better & quicker!

As we are not mind readers what are you pc specs & operating system your are running etc?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hi there bbygirl and welcome to the forum :)

If you feel confident in opening up your computer try disconnecting various hardware items not vital to Windows starting (I'm assuming you're using Windows of some form or other) such as your optical drives (CD & DVD drives), storage hard drives, floppy disk, sound card etc and see if the problem goes away.

That message is often due to corrupted hardware drivers so if you could identify any hardware causing the problem you could boot into Windows, reinstall the drivers and hopefully overcome your problem.

Or it's possible a piece of hardware that doesn't need drivers has gone faulty in which case you could identify, remove and replace it.

Feckit - you got that Monday morning feeling have you?

newbie09: How do you know bbygirl's name is Lynda?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
newbie09: How do you know bbygirl's name is Lynda?

Lynda had her name as the post title at first, but I edited it to something more descriptive :thumb:

Reaction score
i use windows xp pros SP2, P4 3.0 ghz 1gb ram. 512 ddr2 ATI graphics card,
i have disconnected all roms i still get the blue screen at times, happens wen i open games or install/uninstall programs, i did update a few drives awhile ago and unfortunatly one of them stuffed up. my onboard sound got screw so i disabled it and had to buy a new one. it also updated 2 more things which was my monitor and graphics port accelaration. dont think that got to do anything with it tho. after i installed the new sound driver everything was good for a few days but this time wen blue screen came up it doesnt give a lead to wat is causing it thats all it says IRQL_....................LESS /

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 00000004 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 804E661F OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

This is almost always a hardware problem, usually, but not limited to, the hard drive.

Unfortunately there are other possible causes of this error which include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.

MS love to cover all avenues. ;)

I suggest you do a "repair installation" of windows ...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx

... if that don't work, seek out a good PC repair shop.

:user:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Call me a crazy, but isnt this post more suitable for the 'General Hardware' part of the forums?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alf said:
Call me a crazy, but isnt this post more suitable for the 'General Hardware' part of the forums?

Grey area innit? :D

I'd say no as it's an operating system which is reporting an error - which is software.

And a person reporting a software error message may not realise it's hardware causing the problem.

And as Mucks says, that error isn't limited to hardware faults, I saw a thread today where I think it was World Of Warcraft causing the same error.

So I'm right and you're wrong ner ner ner :p

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
D: Unfair! why are you always right and im wrong? ;)

Ask a Question