Internet/router connection. Help!

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this sort of stuff, but can't see any post that helps.

I have a Netgear MR814v2 router, USB broadband connection & 2 PC's & a laptop with wireless card.

I have connected the router to all 3 PC's successfully but cannot access the net on the 2 client PC's.

Can anyone help?

Reaction score
I try help you !

Hi my friend, I try help you.

Do you have config your network on all computer ?

Your internet is connected on Modem, or the router... I prefer, that you connect on Router... same me :)

Ok second step go to "Network" under "my documents" now check at left many option you have it... take "Create a Network for home or company" Make the connection with the assistant : enter name MSHOME as name for your network... and the name of your computer... is your choice :)

Try it... and gives us your news !

Good Luck ;)

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
can all of the PC's see eachother ?, have you tried running the network wizard ?

Reaction score

Do you have a Firewall... example : Norton Antivirus, Windows Firewall, Zonealarm etc... try one time for shutoff all firewall... if you have try all posibility

Reaction score
Hi ,
yes, all pc's see each other & I have run network wizz!But still can't get internet on client pc's

Last edited:
Reaction score
The modem is only USB the router modem connection is via ethernet, so I can't connect modem directly to router.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
in the wizard it should have said something about sharing internet connection, did you choose that option ?

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Danny

I have a Netgear router and I am presuming that you live in the UK?? I had a few problems setting up my home network and I rang the Netgear guys, they offer 24/7 real person support. Give them a buzz and they will take you through it and I am sure that you will be sorted in no time.

I was sorted in a couple of phone calls. If you don't have their number, PM me and I will send it through to you.

Hope that helps you.

Gabs x

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
danny322fish said:
Is that in each pc?

you have to run it on all of the computers and configure them to connect to the main one to use its internet connection

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your suggestions, I will have another go this weekend to sort it out, if I can't anyone got a cheap ethernet broadband modem?

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Danny

Why don't you ring the Netgear 24/7 helpline? I found them v helpful and they sorted me quickly. Have you got their number? If you want it, send me a private message via PC Review and I will pass it on to you.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Love

Gabs x

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
danny322fish said:
Thank you everyone for your suggestions, I will have another go this weekend to sort it out, if I can't anyone got a cheap ethernet broadband modem?
I keep telling people till I'm blue in the face ... not your fault Danny, but ISPs will insist on supplying a USB modems ... they really are a sad ISP.

One reason is to restrict how many PCs you can connect ... my BT-Yahoo only allows two ... fortunately they supplied an Ethernet Modem. ;)

I think you have realised you need an Ethernet Modem ... USB can be done, but, oh, what a palaver.

Ask a Question