Internet Explorer will not search.

G

I just added a dsl modem to my computer. When connected to the internet through this modem I cannot perform an internet search. For example, if I'm on Yahoo's mainpage and type in a keyword to search a cannot connect page will appear. I currently still have a dialup account with AOL which works without problems. I tried everything I could think of without success (Yahoo DSL techs weren't much help either). I just installed and run Ad-aware 6.0 spyware removal tool which did not fix the problem. I should probably mention that I can browse web pages or go directly to a web page by typing in its URL. I just can't perform a search. Also, I cannot go to www.google.com. Any ideas?

G

I am having the same problems with IE. I have the latest addition, I get all the available updates, and I believe that I have spayware. I was going to get a spyware removal tool software, but after reading your post, I'm afraid that won't fix the problem. I have MSN DSL and I have no problems with it, all my pop-ups come from IE and as I'm writing this, my computer keeps getting pop-ups from IE. I have 8 at the bottom of my screen and I type quickly.

Ask a Question