Internet Explorer & CTRL+ENTER

I just installed SP2 on my Windows XP Pro computer. Before I installed it, I
used to press CTRL+ENTER to complete web addresses with www. and .com in
Internet Explorer (i.e. typing in google and then pressing CTRL+ENTER
completes the address bar with www.google.com and sends me directly to the
page - neat trick!). Since installing SP2, pressing CTRL+ENTER takes me
directly to MSN Search with the results of the website (i.e. typing google in
the address bar and pressing CTRL+ENTER brings up search results for the word
google). If I try the CTRL+ENTER trick after IE takes me to the MSN Search
page, the address actually gets completed. Wierd...Can anyone figure out how
to make this convenient feature of IE available to me again? Thanks!

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

This solution involves editing the registry. Please be careful while
changing the registry contents.

1. Open Regedit.exe
2. Navigate to the following key and set the value as:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoCo
mplete]

Value Name : Append Completion
Value Type :REG_SZ (string value)
Value Data : yes

Value Name : AutoSuggest
Value Type :REG_SZ (string value)
Value Data : no

3. Exit Registry Editor
4. Restart system for changes to take effect.

Hope this helps ..... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

- - From: =?Utf-8?B?SnVzdFVz?= <[email protected]>
- - Subject: RE: Internet Explorer & CTRL+ENTER
- - Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:39:05 -0700
- -
- - I have SP Pro SP2 and I just tried it and I have no problems.
- -
- -