CTRL+ENTER

Thomas Cooper

We recently got DSL from Verizon, which includes MSN. I am running IE6 on a
WinXP computer. I don't know that either of the new programs (Verizon and/or
MSN) is causing the problem, but I can no longer use CTRL+ENTER when
entering a link in the address bar of IE6. For example, when I used to
enter "Google" and press CTRL+ENTER, it would complete the web address and
make it http://www.google.com and go to that address. Now it brings up the
MSN search page with Google listed as one of the search items. How can I
fix this?

Thanks,
Trish
please reply to sewunique64 at msn.com (remove spaces and replace at with @)

Don Varnau

Hi,
First, enable Inline Autocomplete in Internet Options> Advanced.

Then, if necessary, run regedit and navigate to the following registry key.
Verify that the value (right pane) is correct.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\
Explorer\AutoComplete]
"Append Completion"="yes"

Also verify that these values are correct:
"Use AutoComplete"="yes"
"AutoSuggest"="no"

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

Thomas Cooper said:
We recently got DSL from Verizon, which includes MSN. I am running IE6 on a
WinXP computer. I don't know that either of the new programs (Verizon and/or
MSN) is causing the problem, but I can no longer use CTRL+ENTER when
entering a link in the address bar of IE6. For example, when I used to
enter "Google" and press CTRL+ENTER, it would complete the web address and
make it http://www.google.com and go to that address. Now it brings up the
MSN search page with Google listed as one of the search items. How can I
fix this?

Thanks,
Trish
please reply to sewunique64 at msn.com (remove spaces and replace at with
@)

Does anyone know how to set the ctrl+enter keys to enter a different
extension (such as .co.uk instead of .com)

Thanks

Ramesh, MS-MVP

jeff's WebLog : How do I change what CTRL+ENTER does in IE?:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2004/09/09/227502.aspx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Ewan Shepherd said:
Does anyone know how to set the ctrl+enter keys to enter a different
extension (such as .co.uk instead of .com)

Thanks

Don Varnau said:
You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.
Don

Thomas Cooper said:
That worked, thanks!!! :)

Trish
==============
First, enable Inline Autocomplete in Internet Options> Advanced.

That's great and works perfect. Thanks very much.

Don Varnau said:
You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.
Don

That worked, thanks!!! :)

Trish
==============
First, enable Inline Autocomplete in Internet Options> Advanced.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

You're welcome!

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Ramesh said:
jeff's WebLog : How do I change what CTRL+ENTER does in IE?:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2004/09/09/227502.aspx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User