Chrome keyboard shortcuts

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I still find myself mashing the backspace button to return to the previous page in Chrome, it's annoying that they removed that shortcut. Still, the browser clearly knows what I'm trying to do and prompts me to press Alt + Left Arrow instead. I decided to look up the other keyboard shortcuts, and thought I'd share some of the more useful ones here. Some I knew already, some are new to me but look like I'll be using them a lot!

Alt + left arrow = view previous page in browsing history
Alt + right arrow = view next page in browsing history

Ctrl + T = open new tab
Ctrl + Shift + T = reopen previously closed tab

Ctrl + L or Alt + D or F6 = move cursor to address bar

Ctrl + 1-8 = move to a specific tab
Ctrl + 9 = move to last tab

Ctrl + Shift + V = Paste without formatting (not on the list, but I use it all the time)

Here's a full list:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/157179?hl=en-GB

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Ah I hadn't even looked into extensions! Nice one, I've just added it :thumb:

I'm currently working a lot on my laptop which has a touchscreen, and it really bothers me that Chrome doesn't function well with it. So I'm making the most of keyboard shortcuts, but seems daft not being able to use the touchscreen much. I even gave Edge a go for 24 hours before I gave up and went back to Chrome. It was better with the touchscreen, I'll give it that, but worse in every other respect. Annoying.

Ask a Question