Internet Explore won't open

Matt Donovan

Everytime i try to open internet explore i get this message:

Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and
needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

war17

Check if a program running in the background is interfering with Internet
Explorer. Temporarily disable all Norton programs, including anti-virus, win
doctor, recycle bin protect, and clean sweep. Disable any firewall or
ad-blocker.

DVarnau

Matt,
From Control Panel> Internet Options> Advanced uncheck "Enable third party
browser extensions." If that allows IE to run, then search for and remove
malware:
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
You can re-enable browser extensions after the cleanup.

If this doesn't work for you, post back to this thread.
Don

Doug

Don,
Thanks a lot, this corrected my problem that I was working
on for about 4 hours.

--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org

.