Internet cuts out when the phone rings

Reaction score
Hi,

I have moved house and every time the phone rings the Internet cuts out the DSL and Internet lights go out, and it takes the router 4 times to reboot it self it will not connect again until I am off the phone. I have contaced Speedtouch and they said to put a ADSL filter in every phone point in the house. I did this and it was still the same I know that all the filter are working ok because I have checked them.

Info

Router Speedtouch 580

Tiscali 512KB Broadband

I would be most grateful if someone could please get back to me with any idees on this problem.

Many Thanks,

wizkid

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Hi,

... put a ADSL filter in every phone point in the house. I did this and it was still the same I know that all the filter are working ok because I have checked them.

ur... how did you check the filters? you have an o-scope?
my guess is you missed some device that is still plugged into the phone line unfiltered.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
sounds like a probelm with one of your phones

unplug eveything but your PC and a phone, then ring your house and see if it still happens ?, then plug another phone in, everytime you plug something in phone your house

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad to hear it :) Thanks for reporting back!

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
You don't know who your ISP is?

Are you sure you have internet access???

ISP stands for Intenet Service Provider, i.e. AOL, BT, Be, Virgin, Tiscali, etc.!

Reaction score
Right ok.

How long as this been happing for? Have you tried pluging the router into the main BT test socket you need to unscrew the phone socket and inside should be a test button you then put the router in the phone socket with the micro filter and also plug in a hard wird phone not a wireless one. Then ring and see what happnes. if the porblem is still there make sure that every phone point in the house has a micro filter connected to it. Try the router and the hard wird phone in other bt sockets if you have any to see if it works, This is nomaly down to noise on the line. I found out that mine was down to a fauly wire going into the bt socket and then I replaced the wire and it all seems fine now. If none of the above has worked for you. Then I would recommend you try resting the router to factory settings there should be a button on the back of the router below the power connection hold this in for 30 secs and then let go then run the installtion cd for the router that came with it, and phone again and see if it works if not. Then I would start contacting tiscali and make them aware of the problems that you are having. Also it might be worth trying another router to see if the router is faulty.

I hope this helps you,

Good luk :)

wizkid

Last edited:
Reaction score
Im sure router is working because i have two.
And tiscali.. when i phone them im usally on the phone for two hours and when someone picks up its from some guy in india (No offense indians) Who i cant understand.

Ask a Question