Switching to BT...

Reaction score
Absolutely had it with Virgin. Expensive for what you get, awful, awful, awful support, lie through their teeth and charge you surreptitiously. Bah.

Going to ring them up tomorrow and tell them to stick their product up their ungrateful ar5es.

Want to move to BT, but their website won't let me order. When I try, it just says there has been a technical error and I can still order, but I can't order their good offer, and have to order some other one. They have no phone number, but I recieved a letter from them by chance last week so I'll just ring that number. Hopefully I can order over the phone.

TV/internet/phone deal for £50/month inc/line rental. Far better deal than the Virgin one. Anyone on BT infinity broadband or TV? Seems far better than Virgin, who seem to go out of their way to coerce you.

Reaction score
On their websites both Sky and BT are unable to accept my address/phone number.

Both just say error: please try again, or words to that effect.

Incredibly frustrating. I can't find anything out because I can't get past the stage where they confirm you are geographically eligible!

Reaction score
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

Put your details in there and see what you can get?

Are you after a complete deal? TV/Phone/internet.

Yeah, we had the Virgin XL tv package but didn't ever watch the extra channels. BT have this on demand lark which suits us much more. Only watch standard freeview channels + History channel, Nat Geo and Discovery, but they are all premium channels on Sky and Virgin.

I'm supposed to receive 10mb internet too - ha! Fat chance of that. I receive 2mb, and they couldn't care less.

I'm tired of dealing with such a worthless company, all they do is cause me trouble. Eventually managed to cancel it, going to confirm in writing so they can't screw me over like they do to everyone else.

BT is much cheaper for TV and phone, and has faster internet. Plus, since my nan has been with Virgin since before they were NTL, we have collected an amorphous mass of paperwork related to three different companies, countless logins and passwords and pin numbers. We don't even have ISP emails, and they wouldn't give me any more or tell me what the old ones were.

Is BT FTTC the fastest internet?

Reaction score
Yeah BT FTTC or Virgin 50mb are the fastest atm.

FTTC is not available in a lot of places as yet though... Check here....

https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/s...unity/Coverage/ADSL_Availibility_Checker.html

It is available at my postcode, but I spoke to a guy online who said there is no broadband available in my area, which is bollards!

Both samknows and bt's wholesale thing says that it is available, and both the Hemel and Watford exchanges are FTTC so I am definitely covered.

Methinks that because my phone is Virgin (cable) they are getting confused.

Reaction score
If you think that Virgin are bad BT support is worse I have had both of them and had BT in January It took to the middle of February to get a stable line then I got fed up and kicked them out of court as I was only getting .3 on speed test download tests. :mad:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I like BT :)

now they found the fault

Reaction score
I have heard some bad things about BT, but having experienced Virgin I doubt they could possibly be worse.

Problem is we want telly in with it in a package, and BT's telly package is perfect for our needs. Sky was too expensive, which left us with BT.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have heard some bad things about BT, but having experienced Virgin I doubt they could possibly be worse.

Thassa good point. If it suits your needs, go for it.

Just cos I think BT are the putrid devil-spawn of Ghengis Khan should not influence you one iota.

Not one little ittle teensy weensy bit :)

Reaction score
Thassa good point. If it suits your needs, go for it.

Just cos I think BT are the putrid devil-spawn of Ghengis Khan should not influence you one iota.

Not one little ittle teensy weensy bit :)

On the contrary, your comments worry me greatly. :(

Ask a Question