Internet Bandwidth?

Reaction score
Does crunching use any internet bandwidth?

I would like to get my uni laptop crunching, but if it uses internet bandwidth then I can't do it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Only when up and downloading Work/results, but its still minimal. :)

Reaction score
V_R said:
Only when up and downloading Work/results, but its still minimal. :)

Good, I'll get it working then.

One good thing about uni - electricity bill included :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Always nice to know that the tax payers money is being spent well.

laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Always nice to know that the tax payers money is being spent well.

laughingsmiley.gif

Indeed!

To be honest, uni used to be a much bigger burden on the taxpayer. I will come out of uni with an £18k debt into a country with no jobs and a degree which will be pretty worthless.

Hurrah!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
Indeed!

To be honest, uni used to be a much bigger burden on the taxpayer. I will come out of uni with an £18k debt into a country with no jobs and a degree which will be pretty worthless.

Hurrah!

Such a cynic :D

Dare to dream.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Aye.

A life without dreams is like a bird with a broken wing.

nod.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
Indeed!

Hurrah!

What are you studying..? Have you ever thought of working while you are stdying.? Might help break that £18k debt....

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Good advice from MadX there,

Try and get a job at Sainsbury or Tesco that way you get a discount on food so its cheaper, oh and booze! yay booze.

Reaction score
Blah... I finished Uni about 3 years ago.... having a job whilst studying does help greatly..... £6k debt.
However my m8 had a job but went to uni in London.... his debt is over £20k :( and he did a degree in music.... atleast he got his busking permit :p

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
What are you studying..? Have you ever thought of working while you are stdying.? Might help break that £18k debt....

I wash dishes over at Keele Hall (the old estate home which is 20 seconds away) a few hours a week, nothing more.

Not many jobs about in Stoke at the moment.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
When I was 16, and the proud owner of a Lambretta Li150, still at school, I used to wash up every Saturday evening at the Tudor House Steak restaurant in Bromley, Kent.

All the crockery and cutlery got loaded onto a conveyor belt/rack after I'd scraped all the uneaten food off into a bin, and went through this huge machine which blasted everything with high powered steam. I had to inspect everything and all items that weren't clean I had to wash by hand. And also wash all pots and pans by hand.

I worked from 6pm to midnight and was paid an enormous £1.50. This somewhat modest fee enabled me to run my motor scooter, paid for fuel and repairs. I never did get rid of the smell of the kitchen til about Tuesday though, lol

Only high point was that at about 9.30pm I could eat whatever I liked off of the menu, so I always had a huge fillet steak. Which was probably worth about the same as my wages.

Done that for about a year, I've done worse.

Reaction score
PotGuy said:
Not many jobs about in Stoke at the moment.

Not may jobs...? Or is it not many you are willing to do..? But there again ya say you're a pot washer, so I assume you would put your hand to owt that was given to you..?..?

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I never did get rid of the smell of the kitchen til about Tuesday.

I know that smell all to well...When I do the odd shift cheffing, me missus refuses to put me Chef's whites in with other laundry..You get them all nice and clean..But there is still a smell to them...Almost like a lingering f*rt...:p

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I worked in a very busy chippie Thursday an Friday nights, folks traveled miles to get them, when I was 17 so I could pay for me TV 175.

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
I worked in a very busy chippie Thursday an Friday nights, folks traveled miles to get them, when I was 17 so I could pay for me TV 175.

TV175 eh? :mad:

Better than my Li150 eh? :mad:

Well, I'll have you know matey my bike was bored out to 175 and could probably beat the pants off your machine :p

;)

I started driving cars when I was 17 years and 3 weeks old :p

Sold the scooter, got a Royal Enfield 250 Sports, scared the hell outta me, got me's a car :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
TV175 eh? :mad:

Better than my Li150 eh? :mad:

Well, I'll have you know matey my bike was bored out to 175 and could probably beat the pants off your machine :p

;)

I started driving cars when I was 17 years and 3 weeks old :p

Sold the scooter, got a Royal Enfield 250 Sports, scared the hell outta me, got me's a car :)

My Tv 175 was bored out to a 200 with an SX 200 flywheel an a Amal 32 carb an one of them crack crack crack exhausts, just can not remember thier name. My baby flew. :p

Passed me car test one day after me 17th birthday but did not get a car till I was 18 though.

There was a lass from Hull who had TWO SX 200's mounted side by side on the frame and she used to race it. Pretty lass aswell.

Ha ha just did a google and here is a Press release of the crowd I rode with.

http://archive.yorkpress.co.uk/1998/8/29/327771.html

Of course I am now a respectable citizen.

:rolleyes:
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
:D :cool:

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Not may jobs...? Or is it not many you are willing to do..? But there again ya say you're a pot washer, so I assume you would put your hand to owt that was given to you..?..?

I'm not bothered. If it pays, I'll do it.

I'll be studying more next year, probably won't bother getting a job. Working in a warehouse five days a week for the next two-three months, so should have a couple of grand in the bank by the time I go back. Having nothing to do is horrible after a few days.

Ask a Question