Port trunking on NAS using a Qnap QSW-M408-2C and a Qnap TS-239 Pro II

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up port trunking on the above NAS. However I am still only getting 100MBs(ish) using two 1Gbps ports

Followed screen instruction and cannot manage to gain faster.. Any pointers from anyone that may have done this before?
I'm thinking I'm missing something!

Presently Switch LAG 1 is set at Static on port 7 and 8
NAS is set as Ethernet port 1+2 in Broadcast mode (I have tried lots of configurations)
DHCP is disabled on both Switch and for NAS as I have set default IPA as 192.168.0.201 and Switch as 192.168.0.200 respectively

I have tried copying large files over to the NAS but still only get 96MBs..

I'm not 100% sure if this is correct? It only used by me so bandwidth should be full rate?

Any ideas peeps?

Cheers TxD

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've done this myself many, many years ago - but I can't remember how to do it any longer and don't have a QNAP anymore unfortunately.

Just a note from the QNAP docs on this:

Port Trunking cannot break the speed limit of a single Ethernet device, but it offers a sufficient amount of bandwidth for multiple users connecting at the same time

Reaction score
Yeah maybe its setup correctly allowing constant speeds more than just double speeds. First time ive done it you see so may have misunderstood the terminology

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It could be set up correctly, but you'll be able to get 2 x ~100MB/s to different devices, rather than having to split it.

Reaction score
I was hoping for 200MBs to my main pc using my 5gbe conn. I have noticed it is faster. It was just an impulse buy tbh got it cheap at 75£

If I want to use full speeds will need to buy another NAS with faster onboard NIC or expandable I guess. Cheers Ian ;)

Ask a Question