internal/external microphone conflict

G

I think I've finally pinned down what my problem is - my internal laptop microphone has been activated after being dormant for years. I didn't even realize my computer had an internal mic!

When I try to record sound without an external mic, the internal mic successfully records sound.... the problem is that if I turn the audio output up to a significant level, it produces deafening feedback.

When I plug in an external mic, it toggles the internal mic. However, the external mic does not pick up any sound, so that no sound is recorded at all.

I guess somehow my crazy computer re-activated the internal microphone after all these years, and it is causing a conflict with my external mic.

Any tips on how to de-activate my internal mic so that I can use an external one?

Cheers.

Z

Zoltan Fekete

I think I've finally pinned down what my problem is - my internal laptop microphone has been activated after being dormant for years. I didn't even realize my computer had an internal mic!

When I try to record sound without an external mic, the internal mic successfully records sound.... the problem is that if I turn the audio output up to a significant level, it produces deafening feedback.

When I plug in an external mic, it toggles the internal mic. However, the external mic does not pick up any sound, so that no sound is recorded at all.

I guess somehow my crazy computer re-activated the internal microphone after all these years, and it is causing a conflict with my external mic.

Any tips on how to de-activate my internal mic so that I can use an external one?

Cheers.

Usually this switching is done by hardware, so I recommend you check
your microphone jack on your laptop.

Best regards,

--
Zoltan Fekete <[email protected]>
Microsoft Certified Professional

YU Spin d.o.o. Novi Sad - http://www.yuspin.co.yu
NetSee Network Utility - http://yuspin.metrohive.net/netsee

Ask a Question