intenet explorer and windows explorer have slowed down

G

For the pas week, both the windows explorer and internet explorer seems to just crawl along. When I click the Internet explorer icon, there is immesiate disk activity, then a long lull ( 15 seconds ) before anything else happens. When the initial page is finally displayed, there is another lull of about the same time until the home page is displayed. Then there is a comparable lull anytime I click on a link to go to another web page. I installed Netscape and that seems to run just fine with no delays, so, I guess the problem is somewhere in explorer. By the way, the windows explrer is very slow as well

Any of you microsoft types have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

G

I had a similar problem. I ran MSCONFIG and stopped my fax service under the services tab and rebooted and the problem was gone. This service seems to cause explorer.exe to use a lot of cpu power and virtual memory, thus slowing my computer down conciderably.

Ask a Question