Intels near Future...

Reaction score
Well... Intel and AMD are working on Dual-core processors, but is there much point in buying a new Intel mobo and Processor? I know that the AMD 939 Pin Mobos are expected to handle AMD dual-core processors, but do Intel boards have the same "future-proofing"?

(Specifically Gigabyte IPE775 Pro- LGA775 processor support, but uses AGP graphics and DDR1 memory)

Cheers,
Kenny

I`m asking because im looking at buying a more up to date processor and Mobo, preferably AGP support, definately DDR1 support. AMD 939 pin processors are depressingly expensive at the mo...

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well there trying to kill AGP off slowly, because PCI-Express is so much better, its quicker, has SLI support and it supplies more power to the graphics card compared to AGP.

So if I was getting a new mobo in the near future it would be no doubt PCI compatible and no doubt have a AMD 939 slot ;). AMD chips run alot cooler compared ot Intel, they are 64 bit compatible and handle games in ways Intel could only dream of :).

Do yourself a favour and leave the Intel band-waggon :thumb: .

Reaction score
Iv never had an Intel system in my life... Was thinking of a Switch because an LGA775 system was a lot cheaper than the Athlon 939 I was eyeing, although thats now changed :)

The Pentium adverts are enough to put me off... that was another reason for sticking to AMD...

Ask a Question