Intel Pentium D 805

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

On Ebay i got a used Intel Pentium D 805 for £6.00, i checked it out before buying it and its 2.66Ghz with 2Mb Cache, plus its a dualcore, have stuck together a few bits i had lying around and put it to the test.

The FSB is only 533Mhz but the bus speed is 133 on a multiplyer of 20!

Am sitting pretty at 3.2Ghz with no voltage increase, to be perfectly honest i cannot notice a difference on every day use and some not so intense games between this and my Q6600.

Bargain!

I put in a crappy 350watt psu i got free with an equally crappy case, 40GB IDE, 1GB 667Mhz RAM, and probably the oldest DVD/CD drive that my brother found in his garage, however it works really well, have managed to build a not too shabby PC for about £50.

Oh and not related but a top tip, i recently posted about getting a bargain from a guy at my local tip, i have since become a bit of a tramp and regularly visit my tip looking at all the thrown out PCs, i give the guy on the gate £10 and can take what i want, i have about 20 C.O.A stickers woo hoo.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
i have since become a bit of a tramp and regularly visit my tip looking at all the thrown out PCs,

You're not the only one, since you made that post I have been doing a lot of clearing around the house, in the hope I would have a reason to take something to th local tip..Been 3 times now since you made that post..Although I have not come back with any PC's, I did find an old Indesit wash machine, who's control panel now sits comfortably in the other halfs old Indesit..

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
All I can say to you guys is FREECYCLE.

happywave.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I tried freecycle today and what a load of rubbish..

In our area you have to join up on the freecycle forum then post your offers or wanteds on there..

Well I posted a wanted for a small table or stand..Then gets an email telling me my message was refused on the boards, as I hadn't posted an offer yet..WTF.:confused: Well I don't have anything to offer at the moment, but was going to have a clear out in the garage in due course and put some bits on there that were of no use to me anymore..

I thought this was about recycling your old bits and pieces that you had no use for, not for some ne'er do well to make a profit out of, who the hell cares if I hadn't posted an offer first..Well thats turned me right off and they meaning the freecyclers in my area have just lost out on quite a few bits and pieces that are now gonna go straight down the dump instead..:mad:

And B*****ks to em..
nod.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Sorry I have just hijacked Madxgraphics thread, but just felt I had to voice my opinion over the freecycle jerks in my area..

It maybe that your area's freecycle forums operate differently and that the people that run them are polite and note rude in emails..Its no wonder people are put off recycling things.:nod:

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Sorry I have just hijacked Madxgraphics thread, but just felt I had to voice my opinion over the freecycle jerks in my area..

It maybe that your area's freecycle forums operate differently and that the people that run them are polite and note rude in emails..Its no wonder people are put off recycling things.
nod.gif

No need for appologies, some Freecycle forums work differently thats all..Oh it was Waynos-face thread not mine..

Ask a Question