Installshield very slow

David

Hi:
Just got a new Toshiba laptop with XP Home SP1. First thing, went to windows update and installed about 20 critical updates. Started installing software and any software which uses Installshield takes forever to install. The splash screen appears and then it takes anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes for it to get going. Once going, it installs the software fine. The only mention I could find in the KB is about the Bluetooth patch. I obtained and installed that and it made no difference. Everything else works fine. Any one else have this problem?

Dave

Steven Liu [MSFT]

Hi Dave,

Sorry, the InstallShield is not Microsoft application. We don't know what
log file it created and what the errors in the log means.

You may try the System Restore to restore to the previous state while the
problem does not happen.

Thanks for using Microsoft News Group!

Sincerely,

Steven Liu

Microsoft Online Partner Support

MCSE 2000

This posting is provided ¡°as is¡± with no warranties and confers no rights.